EggSuckingLeech

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Hi,

I just had new tires installed and therefore, the spare had to be removed and tire replaced. Same stock wheels. I have not taken it off before, but they obviously had to remove the backup camera. The removal is a simple 1/2 turn of a bolt using the tool. I remember it being on there very securely but now that it's been replaced it's a little loose. When I grab the camera it will wiggle. I removed it just to see and replaced it again. Can you guys check your backup camera and tell me how securely it's on there? Does it move at all?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@EggSuckingLeech

Well, can tell you they did not remove the camera as you think. No way did they do this. They DID remove the protective cover that goes over the camera housing. And yes, it wiggles. Pull gently on it toward you and if it stays on it is locked in place as it should be.

OP
OP

EggSuckingLeech

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
They had no idea what to do. I saw them looking at it when I went outside and gave them the tool. I watched them do it - no impact tools lol. You are right, Rhinebeck - it's just the housing. It's definitely locked and won't come off. I just recall it not wiggling but maybe it was just that first removal that loosened things up a bit.
Sponsored