Backup Camera intermittently unavailable

Justnut

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I have a 2023 Jeep Wrangler 2 door (Earl Gary). I was very lucky to get one of the first 23’s. How every sense day one the back up camera has been intermittently working. Often the camera says it’s unavailable, when it dose come on the guided lines flash on and off randomly. Restarting has no effect on whether the camera will come on or not. The guilted lines can’t be turned off, because there’s always an error saving the new settings. Took it back to the dealer and they said it was a software issues and there was nothing to be done, but wait for a software update to come out with no timeline on when that would be. Over the weekend my passenger seat failed after being moved to allow access to the back seat. We took it back to the dealer, the cabling system failed. While it was there we asked them to uninstall and reinstall the computer operating system to try and fix the camera. Now they are saying the camera is bad and needs to be replaced. I’m feeling very frustrated. I’m wondering if anyone else has issues with the back up camera?
Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I had the backup camera issues on my '21 jl and fought for months to get it fixed. Four trips to the dealer did nothing and finally I got Jeep Cares involved. They had to replace the entire head unit. Mine wasn't an isolated case. If you do a search you'll find it mentioned a lot.