Link
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
I just finished reading the entire thread. A plug 'n play module for auto up on the front windows would be nice but it has been over 1.5 years since it was first mentioned, I am not holding my breath on seeing it anytime soon.

Although I could probably cut and splice a few things together to make it work I don't want to hack into the factory wire harness if an electrical warranty issue ever came up and the tech discovered my handiwork. A module could just be unplugged and everything would go back to factory specs.

My 2018 GC came with auto up/dn for the front windows from the factory and it didn't cost as much as my wife's 2020 Recon.

JCutler

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Anti-pinch with automatic reversing is the 'gold standard'. Just current sensing to stop motion that the generic modules on the market have can still result in entrapment and injury. Even with the current limiting the upward force of the Jeep Wrangler windows is WAY over the accepted standards for automatic operation. We have measured it at around 80 pounds of pressure. If you do not have kids or pets then maybe its OK, otherwise it is a nonstarter.

As I had mentioned way back, we are attempting development of a system that meets domestic and international safety standard for automatic windows with anti-pinch for Jeep Wrangler window motors without built in sensors that were not originally intended for this type of operation. This is hard to do reliably across all the environmental conditions in a Jeep.

Yes, this is taking a long time, but until we build a safe and reliable system we will not release it. I still believe we will get there and have staked significant time and money on it.

Any updates?

Sponsored

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
@SmartStopStart.com

Is it safe to assume that this is never going to come to fruition?
Still a pretty good chance...eventually. Unfortunate family circumstances forced all development of new products to halt early last year. The plan is to resume the work already started on this and other products this year, but I cannot promise availability dates at this time.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Meanwhile, my wife keeps complaining since her 2016 Mazda windows have auto up and down. I keep threatening to install a manual window crank on her side.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
I haven’t ordered it yet, but I saw another thread here that says this one works.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PD5RSSF/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_PZ9QF3GX32BPF6MW76S7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Glad to see an option out there for those who were waiting.

Please though, if you have small children or pets riding in the car, think twice about this product because it likely does not have auto reversing when the windows rise. These windows go up with over 80 pounds of force and can be very dangerous without auto reverse that meets federal safety standards.

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Good
Glad to see an option out there for those who were waiting.

Please though, if you have small children or pets riding in the car, think twice about this product because it likely does not have auto reversing when the windows rise. These windows go up with over 80 pounds of force and can be very dangerous without auto reverse that meets federal safety standards.
Good reply, please keep us updated on your product..
Sponsored