Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Must have missed this thread the first time around. Echoes what I'd been hearing, and we tend to get largely the same spec as you guys. If this turns out to be true, that a Rubicon won't even have Rock-Trac and is therefore completely worthless, then I'm out.
At least with JKs, most people don't care about Rubicons here because you can put far better aftermarket axles, diffs, lockers instead of paying a premium for the middle of the road, solenoid controlled stuff you get from the factory in the Rubicon.
Sponsored

Back in Black

First Name
Mal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK 2013
Came across some articles with some interesting details about the Australian JL that should be good for those Jeep trivia nights...

1. Arrival in showrooms will be "late next year" :(
It's a bit later than that mate, I went into a Jeep Dealer a few weeks ago Jan/18 to put a hold on the first Rubicon, no JL's in Australia till 2019 i was told!

4. No Rock Track or Rubicon factory 33"s as standard.
I thought this might happen, we wont get 33" as a std tyre because the authority's dont want everyone to change up to 35" tyres which would then become road legal with our max +50mm Tyre Diam increase rule, but if they dont come with 33"s then we are in the same boat as the JK having to change diffs to dana60 for engineering just to run 35"s, expensive!

6. More than half of the 200 currently developed Mopar parts will be available in Australia. This is also likely due to a strict set of joy-killing rules they follow here called "ADR".
The fun police are hard at work on the new JL, we are so restricted here!

Yahooooey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peugeot RCZ, and waiting for the next Wrangler to arrive.
Bummer, hoping to buy one in December, looks like I have to go elsewhere.

Pete01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Well I don’t care about the CRD 2.8 etc... the 2.8 is a basket case anyway. Have a read on AusJeep on the issues facing people over the years.
The 3.6 will do even for the Outback.
You’ll be able to add a long range tank + I’m sure AEV will also have there setup.
Out next year suits me. At least Jeep will have sorted out most of the bugs that come along with the 1st year production...

Sponsored

Reg

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford falcon
I agree with Pete01. That the initial bugs should be ironed out.
Also we may see a few options that aren't available yet. Pllllleeeeease can I have adaptive cruise control.

I was hoping to order this year but the 20 year old El 5.0 falcon wagon is still going and towing strong.
So no real rush.

To change the subject slightly, how do I find this section on "Australian Jeep" from the main homepage?
I come here using a link but can't find it if coming through the main page.

Last edited:

Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Subaru Forester, Toyota Prado, soon JL Wrangler?
Problem is, we’ll probably also be affected by the Australian regulations in South Africa too, and we also have no news.... At least we get the 2 door JK Rubicon’s here, and I really want a 2 door JL Rubicon, with Rock Track etc and high fenders....

I’m also hoping RHD JL’s have better driving positions than our JK’s do - this is a deciding factor for me...

Reg

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford falcon
I liked the coppery rendering. I thought that was Punkin.
Perhaps if we aren't getting JL for another year, we will get a larger range of colours, maybe even the coppery colour.

Reg

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford falcon
So it looks like Adaptive cruise control will be available in the American JL in 2019.
Could this be the influence of European and Australian design rules?
I really would like ACC.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Did you guys know that when water floods the interior from FCA's failed second attempt at heavy duty floor mats that this water comes into the rig in the reverse direction from FCA's current marketplace?;)

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Did you guys know that when water floods the interior from FCA's failed second attempt at heavy duty floor mats that this water comes into the rig in the reverse direction from FCA's current marketplace?;)
? Not following.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
? Not following.
… a comedic reference to how when toilets drain "down under" the water direction is counter clockwise....

OP
OP
Rockmaninoff

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
… a comedic reference to how when toilets drain "down under" the water direction is counter clockwise....
Except down under, we know that all weather floor mats aren't supposed to make the Jeep a boat, especially when you remove the body's drain plugs :giggle:

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Except down under, we know that all weather floor mats aren't supposed to make the Jeep a boat, especially when you remove the body's drain plugs :giggle:
Here too Rockmaninoff...here too. (sigh for poor product design)

OP
OP
Rockmaninoff

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
3. Australia might not get the 2L I4 (with or without eTorque) at all. Not complaining here though.
Looking at https://www.jeep.co.uk/wrangler-jl it seems UK will not get the Pentastar V6. They only show the 2L I4 (non-mild hybrid) and sings its praises over the V6. Will they make a V6 RHD version just for AU and SA? I doubt it.

FCA always manage to take from the poor (Wrangler owners) and give to the rich (Durango SRT, Grand Cherokee SRT and Trackhawk owners).
Sponsored