Sponsored

Audio drops out left side after unplugging iPhone...

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
2019 JLUR w/8.4 UConnect, pretty well loaded except cold weather & tow package. (ie. LEDs, Proximity, 8.4 UConnect, Safety, Advanced Safety, Leather, etc.)

Normally I have my iPhone 8 Plus (I like the home button, get over it) plugged into the front USB port so I can use Apple CarPlay. It is also connected to my 8.4 UConnect through Bluetooth... I always listen to the radio and constantly plug in and unplug the phone when entering/exiting the vehicle, but I've never noticed a problem.

This morning, my wife plugged her iPhone 13 Pro into the USB (not connected to Bluetooth) to charge it. We were listening to an FM Radio station and when she got out of the Jeep and unplugged her phone, I noticed the audio dropped out on my side and I could only hear the radio playing on the right/passenger side of the Jeep (while plugged in the radio station was playing through all speakers normally). I turned off the Jeep, opened & closed the driver side door, restarted the Jeep, and the audio went back to normal...

Any ideas? Is this a random glitch, should I get the dealer to try to update the software? Has anyone else ever noticed this?

Here's a random picture of my Jeep...
Jeep Wrangler JL Audio drops out left side after unplugging iPhone... IMG_2982.JPG
Sponsored