Status
Not open for further replies.

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It depends on your dealer. When they released the special allocation at the end of October, it was based on sales. Some got 1 or 2 and I know some got considerably more. If they ordered off that allocation, most of those should be in D1 so would come in on the first shipment.
If I'm understanding this correctly, it sounds like I should wait for them to hit dealer lots rather than custom ordering at this point if I want the JL asap?

Can you confirm if Tread Lightly discount program will apply to the 2018 Wrangler Rubicon (even the very first ones to hit dealer lots)?

Thank you.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Totally get it, thanks! Just bought my membership... my Sahara delivery date is 12/14 which makes the 30 day wait period perfect!
Any advice on how to bring it up to my dealer? Just go in for the negotiation and then bring it up before or after? If thereā€™s an etiquette or best way to do it Iā€™d love to know. Also, does it make them uncomfortable to ask for the copy of the factory invoice. I know itā€™s all above board, but it sounds like the dealer might not love it. Thank you so much for the advice!!! #kittywhip
I have done a similar thing with Ford. They prefer to know up front. No negotiations necessary.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
If I'm understanding this correctly, it sounds like I should wait for them to hit dealer lots rather than custom ordering at this point if I want the JL asap?

Can you confirm if Tread Lightly discount program will apply to the 2018 Wrangler Rubicon (even the very first ones to hit dealer lots)?

Thank you.
I would say if you donā€™t care what options it has, wait for one to hit the lot. There have only ever been a few vehicles that the affiliate (tread lightly) pricing wasnā€™t good for. But they are few. Like the Demon, hybrid Pacifica, odd stuff. I canā€™t imagine that they will not put the JL in there.

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Hey Mr. Dealer Guy,

I was wondering how best to approach a dealer with an employee discount. I started another thread about it at this link and would appreciate your feedback if you have any advice:

http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...oach-a-dealer-with-an-employee-discount.2002/
Just tell them up front. Like the affiliate pricing, a employee control number is the same. They show you the invoice and the price you are paying. In both cases, there is a form to fill out. The big question is, do you have a FP, CDI, or EP number? Ranked in order of discount with EP being the best.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Just tell them up front. Like the affiliate pricing, a employee control number is the same. They show you the invoice and the price you are paying. In both cases, there is a form to fill out. The big question is, do you have a FP, CDI, or EP number? Ranked in order of discount with EP being the best.
Hi Dealer Guy, thanks for the response.

I don't know what FP, CDI and EP mean, can you define them for us?

I can tell you that the relation I have with the Chrysler (Canada) employee is that of immediate sibling, and this sibling works on the factory line building FCA vehicles.

Which discount would that qualify me for?

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Hi Dealer Guy, thanks for the response.

I don't know what FP, CDI and EP mean, can you define them for us?

I can tell you that the relation I have with the Chrysler (Canada) employee is that of immediate sibling, and this sibling works on the factory line building FCA vehicles.

Which discount would that qualify me for?
So, Affiliate and FP (or FFP) is essentially the same. It's invoice - 1% + a $75 admin fee. FFP = friends and Family Program. Can be handed out to immediate family members by employees. CID = Certain Designated Individual It's invoice - around 4.6% + a $200 admin fee. Can be given out to people to promote the brand by higher ups in FCA. EP = Employee price. FCA Employees and immediate family can take advantage of this Invoice - around 4.6% no admin fee. Also restricts dealerships with DOC fees to a maximum charge of $75.

If your sibling works there, they should be able to get you a EP number. You will know what you get as the control number starts with either, FP, EP, CDI then a series of numbers. In the example attached, you will get an idea.

control.jpg

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I would say if you donā€™t care what options it has, wait for one to hit the lot. There have only ever been a few vehicles that the affiliate (tread lightly) pricing wasnā€™t good for. But they are few. Like the Demon, hybrid Pacifica, odd stuff. I canā€™t imagine that they will not put the JL in there.
Thanks! I've got a follow up question I thought would be helpful to put in the Tread Lightly Discount thread. Could you please take a look?

http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tread-lightly-discount.1272/page-3#post-26051

Thanks again.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
So, Affiliate and FP (or FFP) is essentially the same. It's invoice - 1% + a $75 admin fee. FFP = friends and Family Program. Can be handed out to immediate family members by employees. CID = Certain Designated Individual It's invoice - around 4.6% + a $200 admin fee. Can be given out to people to promote the brand by higher ups in FCA. EP = Employee price. FCA Employees and immediate family can take advantage of this Invoice - around 4.6% no admin fee. Also restricts dealerships with DOC fees to a maximum charge of $75.

If your sibling works there, they should be able to get you a EP number. You will know what you get as the control number starts with either, FP, EP, CDI then a series of numbers. In the example attached, you will get an idea.

control.jpg
Hey Dealer Guy, just as a followup to this, what sort of employee discount would I be eligible for from the Mopar catalogue?

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Hey Dealer Guy, just as a followup to this, what sort of employee discount would I be eligible for from the Mopar catalogue?
Unfortunately parts and sales are oil and water. They just donā€™t mix. If we didnā€™t HAVE to sell cars, the dealership would make way more money from just parts and service.

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
How long does it take to get a VIN number after placing an order? I placed my order on 11/6, called on 11/13 to get an update and was told no VIN yet and would let me know when I get one, still haven't heard anything. It has now been a week and a 1/2, I thought others were saying with 2-3 days they received a VIN number, but maybe I am wrong.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
How long does it take to get a VIN number after placing an order? I placed my order on 11/6, called on 11/13 to get an update and was told no VIN yet and would let me know when I get one, still haven't heard anything. It has now been a week and a 1/2, I thought others were saying with 2-3 days they received a VIN number, but maybe I am wrong.
Depends what you order. I ordered soft top only so expect to wait as not in production until 12/11. Rubicon hardtop automatic will be right away to Vin and D status
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.