First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
@Armorlite Kail, your limited lifetime warranty does not cover "normal wear and tear, including fading or discoloration". Given that this is a fairly new product, how long should I expect the surface to hold up under normal wear and tear?
I can't say I disagree with your concern. So I consulted the team. We are going to change it to excessive wear and tear and excessive exposure. Look for the update on our website in the near future for actual language.
With that said, we have had very few customer service issues, and have not denied anyone to date.

The materials used are not brand new even though this product is. The top layer is proven to not fade with direct sun exposure for over 5 years and the surface is 5 times tougher than conventional floor coverings such as oem rubber floors and floor mats.

Here is the the floor from the first batch done in 2019 it is installed in our demo JK Jeep. IT has driven to and wheeled at over a dozen Jeep Jamborees. I personally drive this thing across country. With a hole drilling cowboy boot heal.
You will see the pattern under the pedals is free of defect.

These pictures are from Jan 21, 2021 when I washed out the floor at a DIY car wash.

Full warranty is after the pictures.

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System IMG_0039.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System IMG_0046.JPG

https://goarmorlite.com/pages/warranty

CURRENT WARRANTY as of 1/29/21 Pending revision of normal wear and tear sentence.

Armorlite flooring products are backed by a limited lifetime warranty for materials and workmanship, which means that our products are guaranteed not to break, tear, or deform under normal use. This limited warranty only applies when the product is correctly installed and used in the type of vehicle listed in the product description.

LENGTH OF WARRANTY

The warranty will remain in effect while the original purchaser of the Armorlite product owns the vehicle in which the product is installed. The warranty is not transferrable, which means that the warranty will terminate if you sell or otherwise give the product to someone else.

WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER

Certain common sense damages to the product are NOT covered by this limited lifetime warranty:
• intentional damage;
• damage resulting from an accident;
• unreasonable use or neglect;
• improper service, installation, or removal;
• damage resulting from product modifications;
• damage to product prior to installation; and
• normal wear and tear, including fading or discoloration.
Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I can't say I disagree with your concern. So I consulted the team. We are going to change it to excessive wear and tear and excessive exposure. Look for the update on our website in the near future for actual language.
With that said, we have had very few customer service issues, and have not denied anyone to date.

The materials used are not brand new even though this product is. The top layer is proven to not fade with direct sun exposure for over 5 years and the surface is 5 times tougher than conventional floor coverings such as oem rubber floors and floor mats.

Here is the the floor from the first batch done in 2019 it is installed in our demo JK Jeep. IT has driven to and wheeled at over a dozen Jeep Jamborees. I personally drive this thing across country. With a hole drilling cowboy boot heal.
You will see the pattern under the pedals is free of defect.

These pictures are from Jan 21, 2021 when I washed out the floor at a DIY car wash.

Full warranty is after the pictures.

https://goarmorlite.com/pages/warranty

CURRENT WARRANTY as of 1/29/21 Pending revision of normal wear and tear sentence.

Armorlite flooring products are backed by a limited lifetime warranty for materials and workmanship, which means that our products are guaranteed not to break, tear, or deform under normal use. This limited warranty only applies when the product is correctly installed and used in the type of vehicle listed in the product description.

LENGTH OF WARRANTY

The warranty will remain in effect while the original purchaser of the Armorlite product owns the vehicle in which the product is installed. The warranty is not transferrable, which means that the warranty will terminate if you sell or otherwise give the product to someone else.

WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER

Certain common sense damages to the product are NOT covered by this limited lifetime warranty:
• intentional damage;
• damage resulting from an accident;
• unreasonable use or neglect;
• improper service, installation, or removal;
• damage resulting from product modifications;
• damage to product prior to installation; and
• normal wear and tear, including fading or discoloration.
I did preorder a set of Desert Khaki for my JT, so I am a customer. My next question is inspired by your picture of the dirty floor above. Your website says floor mats should not be used in conjunction with Armorlite, but it's real handy to have removable floor mats to facilitate preliminary debris clean up, especially when there's lots of debris and no car wash. Realizing that the back of some floor mats is like sand paper and could have an adverse affect on the surface of the Armorlite, does your company have any other guidance for using removable floor mats or just that they should not be used?

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
I did preorder a set of Desert Khaki for my JT, so I am a customer. My next question is inspired by your picture of the dirty floor above. Your website says floor mats should not be used in conjunction with Armorlite, but it's real handy to have removable floor mats to facilitate preliminary debris clean up, especially when there's lots of debris and no car wash. Realizing that the back of some floor mats is like sand paper and could have an adverse affect on the surface of the Armorlite, does your company have any other guidance for using removable floor mats or just that they should not be used?
It was designed to not use a mat, for light dust and general use vacuum works good, I have even used detail spray and a rag (NO ARMORALL). But I timed it once while washing I can use a wheel brush and a drop of dish soap of whatever soap you use on the outside, and I can scrub the front floor, rinse and towel dry in 3 minutes.

I need to be clear, mats are not designed to be used on top of Armorlite, there is nothing to keep them from getting up behind the pedals.

Sponsored

Past the Pavement

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 392 [Reign]
Build Thread
Link
This looks great. I'll be ordering a 4xe soon. I noticed it was asked earlier but can't see a reply about it, but are you planning a compatible version for that as well? This is perfect for me lol.

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
This looks great. I'll be ordering a 4xe soon. I noticed it was asked earlier but can't see a reply about it, but are you planning a compatible version for that as well? This is perfect for me lol.
We hope to have data on the 4XE soon, it all depends on battery placement. I can only assume at this point.
If someone takes delivery before we have the data I would work with someone on a fit up.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
How deep are the outboard sides for the front set, JL 2 Dr ?
Thanks
both front and rear tuck under the door sill trim. The material comes about as high as the wiring and clips that are under that trim.

Sponsored

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Unfortunately that person never sent me the measurements to compare.
I did talk to the engineers, there is only one part number for the stock rear floor section, and it would be unlike them to offer a console with such a differing footprint due to the cost of associated part differences.
Our floor tucks under the console a good bit, and looking at the pictures it looks like the tray console and the cup holder console have the same footprint.

We all have very good reason to believe you would have no issues with fitment. But if you did, I would see to it that you were refunded.
Once I have this data I will confirm it.
@cjljl2018 @joegrasse

I think the previous responses have covered this, but so there is no question, here’s a pic after my install this weekend. No issues with fit under the rear of the console.

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System F877AECB-AA5E-4DBD-9B33-0059608D8AC5

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
So when doing this install you take out all of the carpet. Is there any part of the floor left uncovered after these are installed?

@cjljl2018 @joegrasse

I think the previous responses have covered this, but so there is no question, here’s a pic after my install this weekend. No issues with fit under the rear of the console.

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System F877AECB-AA5E-4DBD-9B33-0059608D8AC5

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
So when doing this install you take out all of the carpet. Is there any part of the floor left uncovered after these are installed?
No nothing is left uncovered.

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
@Armorlite Kail, your limited lifetime warranty does not cover "normal wear and tear, including fading or discoloration". Given that this is a fairly new product, how long should I expect the surface to hold up under normal wear and tear?
Jebiruph, our point was definitely valid as I said in my previous reply. The lawyers want us protected from people taking advantage, but we also need a warranty that makes sense.

So we changed it.

New language is:
• damage, fading or discoloration from excessive wear and tear and/or excessive exposure.

We concluded that if someone were to haul their buddy's engine block that is a few hundred pounds with sharp corners on the floorboard somehow, we wouldn't cover the damage. If someone left a jeep out in the weather for 8 years straight with the top off and the floor was exposed, that is too much. And even saying that, I am not sure it would really damage it that bad.

But if you drive around with your top off during the summer, go wheeling, put a bunch of miles on them with your work boots. Have your dog climb in and out, and the floor doesn't live up to that. We will take care of it.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Jebiruph, our point was definitely valid as I said in my previous reply. The lawyers want us protected from people taking advantage, but we also need a warranty that makes sense.

So we changed it.

New language is:
• damage, fading or discoloration from excessive wear and tear and/or excessive exposure.

We concluded that if someone were to haul their buddy's engine block that is a few hundred pounds with sharp corners on the floorboard somehow, we wouldn't cover the damage. If someone left a jeep out in the weather for 8 years straight with the top off and the floor was exposed, that is too much. And even saying that, I am not sure it would really damage it that bad.

But if you drive around with your top off during the summer, go wheeling, put a bunch of miles on them with your work boots. Have your dog climb in and out, and the floor doesn't live up to that. We will take care of it.
That makes sense. My concern was for the hole that gets worn through floor mats from the right heel pivoting in the same spot all the time. That could be considered normal wear, but is not excessive wear. I look forward to trying these out in my Gladiator.
Sponsored