RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Well, are they? I'm picking mine up tomorrow and need to know.....
OP, I completely get the tongue-in-cheek nature of your question. At the risk of stating the obvious, "fast," independent of the driver, is a product of mechanics unaffected by the color of the spray paint applied to the outside of a vehicle.

The thing of it is though that there were studies done by insurance companies years ago (before the objectivity of law enforcement radar guns that may have led to paint color bias by "patrol") that found correlation (I don't know if it still holds true) between the owner/operator's propensity to speed, and the driver's color choice: red being high up there for speeding. And of course speeding (painting in the broad stokes on an insurance company's radar) highly correlates with accidents i.e. insurance payouts.
Sponsored

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
I sense a non sequitur or at least an oxymoron here. Fast - Jeep, jumbo - shrimp, deafening - silence, etc.

taysdad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe (ordered), 2017 GX460
As an engineer, i rely on empirical data versus opinion for my “facts”. Having said this, red is absolutely faster.

MonkeyRider

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
IDK about red but.. white is slower than others because white paint is thicker=heavier than others....;)

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
OP, I completely get the tongue-in-cheek nature of your question. At the risk of stating the obvious, "fast," independent of the driver, is a product of mechanics unaffected by the color of the spray paint applied to the outside of a vehicle.

The thing of it is though that there were studies done by insurance companies years ago (before the objectivity of law enforcement radar guns that may have led to paint color bias by "patrol") that found correlation (I don't know if it still holds true) between the owner/operator's propensity to speed, and the driver's color choice: red being high up there for speeding. And of course speeding (painting in the broad stokes on an insurance company's radar) highly correlates with accidents i.e. insurance payouts.
Yup, I also read that Honda Motorcycles did a study that found a bias or illusion of Red being faster despite the test speeds being exactly the same. So a cop looking at two vehicles will likely believe the red one is faster and hit that one vs a similar speeding other color vehicle.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Red MIGHT be faster....but Granite looks the best. :rock: :cwl:

Megsxr750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Gsxr750 ,2014 Mazda6,and a 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Red MIGHT be faster....but Granite looks the best. :rock: :cwl:
In regards to best looking, Granite actually comes in at a distant second to Sting-Gray.;)

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In regards to best looking, Granite actually comes in at a distant second to Sting-Gray.;)
At least Granite doesn't look like they forgot to paint it and just slapped some clear on the primer. :cwl: :cwl: :punch:

Just kiddin' btw, I actually REALLY like the Sting Gray.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
QUOTE="VolCntry73, post: 339943, member: 18949"]At least Granite doesn't look like they forgot to paint it and just slapped some clear on the primer. :cwl: :cwl: :punch:

Just kiddin' btw, I actually REALLY like the Sting Gray.[/QUOTE]
Granite would be really pretty.... if they would strain out the machine shop filings:cwl:!

Just playing.....

OP
OP

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
Well, I just drove it home.....120 miles, and I can confirn it is faster. I had the cruise set at 70 in the JK on the way there and had the cruise set at 71 on the way home in the JL. Faster.....

On a serious note, I really like this new one. I've owned many Jeeps over the years and this one is impressive so far!

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite would be really pretty.... if they would strain out the machine shop filings:cwl:!

Just playing.....
That's funny...I don't care who you are. Lol

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Fake news.. it is common knowledge among academic circles that yellow is indeed faster, it was proven somewhere, I believe the late Dr Hawking had some work published on it
$hit!!! I had no idea!!!!! I Must inter-web more!!!
Sponsored