These celebrities' Jeeps are downright FUGLY

higbyz

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0 Orange Crosstrek, 2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster custom ( RIP )
I like them, they’re personalized! I just think it’s cool when people get Jeeps. :)
Its hard for me to digest low profile tires, and angry grills on Jeeps. :puke:
It looks like that puking emoji actually sucks the last drop back in ! Perfectly crude ! Yuk !

Advertisement

Last edited:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Saharicon "Mud Muffin" (Wife), 2018 JLUR "Fat Ninja" (Me)
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Just goes to show that having money does not equate to having taste. What a $hit show.

higbyz

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0 Orange Crosstrek, 2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster custom ( RIP )
Just goes to show that having money does not equate to having taste. What a $hit show.
Man, would I love to make a political comment following your post, but I will just get suspended again ! :facepalm: Oh, to have freedom of speech on this forum !

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Man, would I love to make a political comment following your post, but I will just get suspended again ! :facepalm: Oh, to have freedom of speech on this forum !
Funny....while I support a private entity's right to control its content, I do question the wisdom in overt censorship; considering the American ideal of free speech is what spawned most internet forums.

higbyz

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny....while I support a private entity's right to control its content, I do question the wisdom in overt censorship; considering the American ideal of free speech is what spawned most internet forums.
:lipssealed:

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I feel extremely fortunate to be a part of a very small forum that was started by an Anarcho-Capitalist with a super high IQ who basically ran the site without any real censorship beyond labeling any nudity with NSFW and no spam.

The caliber of discussion/rhetoric/logic on that forum is off the chart. Personal attacks are allowed as are very divergent viewpoints and thread drift.....but you better bring your A game and be able to explain and PROVE why you hold the viewpoint you do...otherwise you'll get your ass handed to you. There's a lot to be said for shaming as a control mechanism.

Sad that the original owner had to sell...just didn't have time to manage it, but luckily the entity that bought it has kept it largely hands-off in terms of moderation. Mismanagement cues of the software have caused membership to dwindle to a very few core participants now though. :(

Daywalker78

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
This thread is absolutely fantastic. I have since learned one important fact, if anyone mods their Jeep outside the scope of the handful of mods that Jeepers have deemed "ok" in the last 50+ years, then your Jeep is "ugly", "sucks", and the owners have "no taste." Oh, and there's absolutely no such thing as modding your Jeep your own way without being flamed, all for liking what you like. For the OP, I'm sure none of those celebrities are concerned with your opinion when they go to the bank.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This thread is absolutely fantastic. I have since learned one important fact, if anyone mods their Jeep outside the scope of the handful of mods that Jeepers have deemed "ok" in the last 50+ years, then your Jeep is "ugly", "sucks", and the owners have "no taste." Oh, and there's absolutely no such thing as modding your Jeep your own way without being flamed, all for liking what you like. For the OP, I'm sure none of those celebrities are concerned with your opinion when they go to the bank.
Said the guy that uses a celebrity's image for an avatar. :clap::CWL:

Last edited:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Saharicon "Mud Muffin" (Wife), 2018 JLUR "Fat Ninja" (Me)
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you get it, now stick to those rules and we won't make fun of your Jeep.

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Bestop makes upper half’s that are fiberglass and have a sliding window so nothing needs to be unzipped if you want to open the window. They’re not bad at all, quieter than the softtop and almost as quiet as the full doors.
That's right. I forgot about those and am so blown away by how luxurious current Jeeps are. Then again, my first one was a CJ5 with just soft doors and my second one was a YJ with half doors with soft upper halves. My third one was a TJU, finally with full doors and I felt that was luxurious. Now we have cruise control, digital displays, Bluetooth, climate control, and even automatic windows. Super luxury!

dignan22

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X5 / GX 460 / 1989 Jeep YJ Laredo / 1986 Grand Wagoneer / Reserved 2021 Bronco 4D F.E.
I think they look fine. Some are just a different style of modding than what you’re used to seeing around here.

if you bought one for fun and don’t care about off roaming, I could see sticking 20s on there being ok.
Nope

rallydefault

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I don't think it's about mods not being "accepted." It's just for me, appearance-wise, some stuff just looks ugly. I don't know. <shrug>

But this is coming from a guy who thinks the rubi hood vents are a bit much, so take my opinion lightly, as you should most opinions of people you don't know at all lol

Advertisement

Motor City Aftermarket

Advertisement