Sponsored

Anyone using their smartphone for dashcam?

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

was looking at the apple store and there are dozens of dash cam apps. Seems like a good way to go. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Doomgaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
was looking at the apple store and there are dozens of dash cam apps. Seems like a good way to go. Thoughts?
That would interfere with texting while driving. Plus, dash cams have a wide field of view, usually 170° or so. Your phone is probably closer to 80°, huge difference.

OP
OP
Kenny

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

That would interfere with texting while driving. Plus, dash cams have a wide field of view, usually 170° or so. Your phone is probably closer to 80°, huge difference.
You're right. And I ran the dash cam app for 20 minutes and the iPhone was so hot I couldn't pick it up - getting stand alone device

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
I was thinking about doing that too but I found this dashcam on Amazon and love it: https://amzn.to/2BtFqRj
It takes great video and I love the way the camera actually swivels. I'm a professional photographer and I was actually impressed with the quality of the videos for the price. I actually left them a review on the camera as well, so look for the review posted by "tjwaller."
Sponsored