Anyone seen CEL with code 0037?

Hamster

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
2019 JLU. Runs great. CEL came on then off and finally permanently on. Throws code 0037 which is Vehicle Communications Bus B and I can't find any other detail. Dealer is working on it, but no breakthrough yet. Runs great and everything works except can't remote start the car with the CEL on.
Sponsored

shoregrrrl

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
2019 JLU. Runs great. CEL came on then off and finally permanently on. Throws code 0037 which is Vehicle Communications Bus B and I can't find any other detail. Dealer is working on it, but no breakthrough yet. Runs great and everything works except can't remote start the car with the CEL on.
Same problem, different code (P1CEA): CEL has been on for about 6 weeks and no remote start. Brought it to dealer and they said the light will go out on its own. When??!!

OP
OP

Hamster

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Same problem, different code (P1CEA): CEL has been on for about 6 weeks and no remote start. Brought it to dealer and they said the light will go out on its own. When??!!

Well I am not sure I believe it will go out on its own unless they did something....and if they did something they should clear the code when done.

My dealer was very good in my opinion. Jeep dealer out of Leesburg VA. The first day they "rebuilt" the system. Sounded to me like they reloaded all the software. I was not able to speak to tech so not real clear on what they did. That cleared the U0037 code, but gave a new code and the dealer was "stuck" so they opened a case with FCA to get some information. I drove the car for a few days and then they asked for it back yesterday. While I had the Jeep, I read the new code as P00E1 which is related to "Charge Air Cooler Coolant Temperature Sensor A Circuit High". Sure enough they traced to a loose pin in a connector. Makes sense as the CEL went off and on a few times over a few days before finally failing steady on. All good now and hope it stays that way.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I've gotten the cel code P1CEA twice in the last 1200 miles. I have not been to the dealer as of yet, but I have cleared it both times. It does register as a permeant code in my scan tool.

I guess when I go in to get the tire size reprogrammed I will engage them about the issue.

shoregrrrl

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
I've gotten the cel code P1CEA twice in the last 1200 miles. I have not been to the dealer as of yet, but I have cleared it both times. It does register as a permeant code in my scan tool.

I guess when I go in to get the tire size reprogrammed I will engage them about the issue.
I wouldn’t wait. When I was on my way to the dealer to have this addressed again my JLU had a total fit: just before reaching a major intersection the Jeep lost steering, brakes, all sorts of warnings displayed on the screen, the infotainment system shut down and I had to use the hand break to stop the vehicle before I caused an accident. Everything was shut down and it wouldn’t start up again. I walked the rest of the way to the dealer, they sent a tow truck to get it, and when they hooked it up to the computer it generated several pages, single-spaced, listing codes and descriptions that were triggered by the incident. The dealer had it for a week and a half while they tried to get everything fixed and gave me a loaner car to use in the interim. I was also experiencing the “wandering steering at high speeds” problem. Basically, my first few months of Jeep ownership were a nightmare but things seem to be under control now - fingers crossed!
Sponsored