Sponsored

Anyone part of the Badge of Honor research group?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
would be nice for them to define what it takes for a trail to be BOH. Then, if you have something that should work in your area you could propose the addition. Also the folks with private parks would know what types of obstacles to build.

I'd also like to see a trail rating system that everyone can use. Specifically can the trail be run on a stock sport with stock street tires? Rather than define the trail with difficulty levels, define it based on vehicle capability.

- what ground clearance is needed to avoid damage
- what tires are required?
- water fording?
- what is the trail rating if you take all the bypass options? vs. if you take all the hard lines?
- lockers required or not?

And yes I realize that weather will change things. would probably just make that part of the variable rating system. And rocks and such will move and change the clearance needed.

The river raft system has a good well defined ranking. As does the rock climbing world.

Nothing is perfect, but if I spend $1500 on a set of 32" KO2s, but the trail really needs 35" tires I'd like to know before I buy new tires and drive 20 hours from Houston to Utah.
Then they couldn’t rate the Rubicon a 10, lol.

RR4W do such a good job, that would be a great basis for a universal scale.
https://www.rr4w.com/ratings.cfm
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep4Win

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
So here are some of the things that were shared with me….

App will work in real time.
Map of trail with points of interest. (Think of FunTreks Guide)
Users can update trail conditions.
Recommended vehicle specs. (Tire size, lift size, lockers, sway bar etc.)
Part recommendations and links to purchase.
Push notifications on Badge Processing and consistent delivery times.
Video uploads.
Communication with others on app. (Think forum but also trail locations for meet up and such)
Gamification (challenges to do on trail)
Updated trail difficulty.
How to videos.

I have many more bullet points but am in Albuquerque for the night on the way home to Texas. So I will update tomorrow.

OP
OP
Jeep4Win

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
would be nice for them to define what it takes for a trail to be BOH. Then, if you have something that should work in your area you could propose the addition. Also the folks with private parks would know what types of obstacles to build.

I'd also like to see a trail rating system that everyone can use. Specifically can the trail be run on a stock sport with stock street tires? Rather than define the trail with difficulty levels, define it based on vehicle capability.

- what ground clearance is needed to avoid damage
- what tires are required?
- water fording?
- what is the trail rating if you take all the bypass options? vs. if you take all the hard lines?
- lockers required or not?

And yes I realize that weather will change things. would probably just make that part of the variable rating system. And rocks and such will move and change the clearance needed.
All of this is in the works….

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I’m over it, scraped the others off a while back. They’re going on eBay if they show up at this point
I was focused on getting all the badges and committed thousands of dollars to the undertaking to do so. As I have said many times the badges are not free, many of them are thousands of miles away from me and require quite a commitment in time and monetary resources to accomplish.

I am very goal orientated and if they keep adding trails, one can never truly complete the goal. Also their ability to successfully ship a piece of plastic is a horrible fail on their end. There are thousands and thousands of people that wait over a year for a badge. No where in this world should someone wait over a year for shipping. That is just beyond stupid and in my opinion not acceptable. I would literally fire probably just about everyone involved in the management of the program. It gives Jeep a black eye and is. a poor marketing strategy as the level of frustration that people have with Jeep is huge. It makes Jeep look incompetent at best with the management of the program.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Everyone should have to race Ted. When Ted gets his, the trail is retired and they add a new one.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Lol! I will post what’s in the works when I get done wheeling today. It’s my wife’s turn today!

IMG_0686.jpeg
That trail looks like the Sedona pink jeep tourist trail. I was there a few weeks ago.

OP
OP
Jeep4Win

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
They clearly outsourced the whole program. They should bring it in house and fix all the issues. The app is not fully cooked (parts of it don’t work), the badges take forever to arrive if at all. I agree @wibornz , I’d fire everyone who had anything to do with it and start over.
This was one on my talking points on the call and they said it was one of the most popular feedbacks they got. I recommended an ambassador program of everyday users as well as members of Jeep.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
@wibornz, he’s got almost all of them.
I have 55 of them and have actually done the trails. The funny thing is there are at least five of my local Jeep club, the Lansing Area Jeep Club that have all the badges or more badges than I do.

My bud Gene, that I will be wheeling with tomorrow, has 67 badges. Currently there are like 62 badges, but he also has the badges that he did before they retired the trail from the program.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Pink Jeeps run it but it is open to the public. It is called Broken Arrow.
Don't get me wrong, I like the Broken Arrow trail, but it is way over hyped on YouTube. I was kind of disappointed that I aired down for it.

If you are in the area, I would definitely run the trail. Just don't drive a thousand miles to run it. It has some beautiful views.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone part of the Badge of Honor research group? 1684594458561

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone part of the Badge of Honor research group? 1684594540174

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Don't get me wrong, I like the Broken Arrow trail, but it is way over hyped on YouTube. I was kind of disappointed that I aired down for it.

If you are in the area, I would definitely run the trail. Just don't drive a thousand miles to run it. It has some beautiful views.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone part of the Badge of Honor research group? 1684594540174

Agreed. Beautiful trail but I also thought it was much easier than TouTube led you to believe. Most sites/videos make it sound like it's crazy difficult for some reason.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Sedona is a beautiful place. But it has grown into a high density populated town. For me, I didn't like being there this time as much as when it was a small town decades ago. I was glad to get out of there.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Do they have a badge for Dunkin Donut trips (drive thru -using my trail cam) and then smoking a doobie by the water?
Sponsored