Sponsored

What’s the protocol with the badge of honor badges?

Kansas JL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon ( sold). 2022 392 XR Tuscadero
So I have a 2018 JLUR! Loved it. We have taken it a several BOH trails over the years and we display our badges on our Jeep.

Here is the question I have. We are getting a 2022 392XR and our 2018 is leaving us. Whenever the new one finally shows up, what’s the protocol for the badges on our old Jeep? Carefully heat and Take them off? Can we put them on our new Jeep and keep our BOH travels going! Are the badges something that is vehicle specific, our are the driver owner specific and it’s ok to put them on our new Jeep?

Finally, last question has anyone removed theirs and how? Also how did you reapply them to your new Jeep if so? I having a hard time finding this Information out, so I really appreciate your feedback and insight.

thank you
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Dental floss to remove and 3M automotive double-sided tape to re-apply.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

piggybacking to ask a related question.

I’ve got a new rig with a new vin, the old BOH went with the last jeep. When running trails in the new rig that I had previously received badges for it seems I can’t get new badges? They show already delivered and won’t allow me to request a new badge even though I’ve got a new vin. Has anyone else figured out how to fix this?

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
piggybacking to ask a related question.

I’ve got a new rig with a new vin, the old BOH went with the last jeep. When running trails in the new rig that I had previously received badges for it seems I can’t get new badges? They show already delivered and won’t allow me to request a new badge even though I’ve got a new vin. Has anyone else figured out how to fix this?
As far as this goes... I have not had any luck in getting Jeep to resend badges for completed trails. This makes me believe the badges are tied to the driver and not the Jeep. Differing opinions though will come up. Some say they stay w/Jeep and others like myself say it is the driver. I had dealer get mine off and put them on the new one when it came.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

As far as this goes... I have not had any luck in getting Jeep to resend badges for completed trails. This makes me believe the badges are tied to the driver and not the Jeep. Differing opinions though will come up. Some say they stay w/Jeep and others like myself say it is the driver. I had dealer get mine off and put them on the new one when it came.
Well crap… I wonder if this means I need to make a new account with the new vin in order to get badges. This’s sucks, I thought for sure this would reset with the new rig.

Sponsored

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
The notice in their emails makes me believe that the badges are tied to both the driver and Jeep. Appears Jeep hasn't conquered the issue with those of us that get new Jeeps.
Jeep Wrangler JL What’s the protocol with the badge of honor badges? 1637934098224

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
I have requested badges for trails we have driven in my JT and my wife’s JL. Same account, just change the VIN. I do wish they had an option For multiple VINs so I ddi not have to spend 15 min each time trying to type it in correctly.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Hey gang, I know this thread is old, but I had a question about earning a badge.

Do you have to complete the trail in its entirety? I’m heading to Ocala this weekend and you enter the trail in the middle. I was wondering if I have to loop back around and do the entire 81 miles.

thanks so much!

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Hey gang, I know this thread is old, but I had a question about earning a badge.

Do you have to complete the trail in its entirety? I’m heading to Ocala this weekend and you enter the trail in the middle. I was wondering if I have to loop back around and do the entire 81 miles.

thanks so much!
You'll get a badge for just checking-in, before starting the trail, on the app. What you do with the badge is up to you.

I ran a trail where we actually failed to make it through a narrow rock obstacle, turned around and went home. 2 weeks later, the badge showed up at my house on the day before we had planned to return to that trail to make our second attempt, after having removed the top, doors, and fenders. Completing that trail was the best sense of accomplishment we got from any of the 6 BOH trails we've done.

If you just want badges, you can buy them from people selling them on ebay.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Appreciate the replies and the knowledge gang!

I am not interested in merely collecting badges. I had some time constraints and I live 4 hours away from this trail, I also have a bone-stock Jeep. I opted instead to go the first week of July so I could drive the trail in its entirety.

I should have given more context to the question: I was curious because I know there will be some trails that my Jeep just won’t be able to complete in the future, Ocala isn’t one of those. However, I do want to experience as much as I can on the trails, but I don’t have any interest in building a rock-crawling monster, that just doesn’t make any sense for me. I live in south Florida, the biggest mountain we have is a landfill 😆
Sponsored