Sponsored

Anyone mount a CB inside the center console?

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I've searched & searched & haven't found the answer. I'm thinking about putting a Uniden Pro 520 XL inside the center console (and having an external speaker). I mounted one in my father in law's JK, with slight console modifications. Has anyone done this on the JL? My JL isn't here yet to measure. Not interested in the all-in-ones (Cobra 75 WX ST, for example) - want to stick with my tried & true Pro 520XL (power output & modulation - gives great talk quality)
Already have a ham license & dual band rig too. And a GMRS license. This is just for trail communications with the masses that have them.

Thanks
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've searched & searched & haven't found the answer. I'm thinking about putting a Uniden Pro 520 XL inside the center console (and having an external speaker). I mounted one in my father in law's JK, with slight console modifications. Has anyone done this on the JL? My JL isn't here yet to measure. Not interested in the all-in-ones (Cobra 75 WX ST, for example) - want to stick with my tried & true Pro 520XL (power output & modulation - gives great talk quality)
Already have a ham license & dual band rig too. And a GMRS license. This is just for trail communications with the masses that have them.

Thanks
For some reason, the search feature doesn't bring this post up. I think you'll find tons of ideas here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/where-are-you-mounting-your-cb.6739/

Enjoy!

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I out my Midland GMRS radio in there takes up one side which is no big deal I run the wires out the side to where they need to go

OP
OP

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the link. I just finished reading that thread before posting this one. No one mounted it inside the console.

johnparjr, do you have any photos? Especially with dimensions of your particular radio?
I’ll take some pictures tomorrow

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so sorry for forgetting my center console has the divider in it and the the midland mx275 fits in it well I have the power and antenna wires run down the sides and to be honest I don’t really use my center console except for kind of a junk drawer.

the radio is hard wired to the cig adapter which I bought the wiring harness adapter from Quadratec everything works great and is out of sight

3439E48E-30CF-4381-83AE-4DE492229E48.jpeg

OP
OP

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
/QUOTE]

That's helpful - thanks. Couple of questions:
1. What's that divider? Where did you get it & how does it mount?
2. Your radio is a bit smaller than mine:

Yours: 1.4" x 4.2" x 5.0"
Mine: 1-3/8" H X 4-1/2" W x 6-3/4" D

It looks like yours is just dropped in there. Do you think mine would fit?

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s is just dropped in there I was going to cut the one side of the divider to make it fit flat against the wall but since I don’t really use the area I didn’t bother

divider

Vehicle OCD Center Console Organizer for Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU (2018-20) Jeep Gladiator JT Truck (2020) - Made in USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NB499FP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xLIrEbNH0BJPZ
Sponsored