Sponsored

Anyone else having sound clarity playing music through rear USB port in center console ?

locknload10

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JL
The other day my kids connected their iPhone to the rear ports located in the center console and was playing music. The music sounded like I had blown speakers throughout the car. We checked different cords but still had the same results. Music plays fine when you plug the phone in the USB located inside the console.
Are the rear (USB) only for charging a phone? If so, why does it instantly connect as car play on my 8.4 radio.
Thanks for any assistance in this matter
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I haven't hooked a phone into the rear console yet but occasionally it does sound like I've lost my front speakers. I just turn the radio off then back on and it seems to fix it. The dealership told me the other day that there will be an firmware update for the radio because of speakers cutting in, some poor audio quality, and a few other things. He was having the same issue in his 2018 JLUR. He wasn't sure when it was coming out and if it would be an OTA update or not but he said it was coming.

OP
OP
locknload10

locknload10

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JL
I haven't hooked a phone into the rear console yet but occasionally it does sound like I've lost my front speakers. I just turn the radio off then back on and it seems to fix it. The dealership told me the other day that there will be an firmware update for the radio because of speakers cutting in, some poor audio quality, and a few other things. He was having the same issue in his 2018 JLUR. He wasn't sure when it was coming out and if it would be an OTA update or not but he said it was coming.

Thanks for the reply!

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU ,2019 Cherokee Limited
Mine won't play anything thru the console port. Dealer said it's charge only which doesn't make sense.

OP
OP
locknload10

locknload10

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JL
Mine won't play anything thru the console port. Dealer said it's charge only which doesn't make sense.
Ok, Thanks for letting me know! I'll ask the dealer too!!!

Sponsored

Pandy316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F250, 2016 Mustang GT
The other day my kids connected their iPhone to the rear ports located in the center console and was playing music. The music sounded like I had blown speakers throughout the car. We checked different cords but still had the same results. Music plays fine when you plug the phone in the USB located inside the console.
Are the rear (USB) only for charging a phone? If so, why does it instantly connect as car play on my 8.4 radio.
Thanks for any assistance in this matter
Same. I haven’t taken it in though to get checked... need to.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I noticed this happens to me when using spotify. Probably a network issue more than the jeep audio system itself.
Sponsored