Sponsored

Anyone else with an automatic seeing this occasionally?

OP
OP

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
It only happens every once in a while. Just started to notice in the past week or so.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Haha you are very welcome
See what happens when you try to help!!! ;) Teasing of course since we are all friends here.

BTW - Curious what the dealership has to say?!? Hopefully a re-flash/reset of the ECU will fix this bug.

Sponsored

OP
OP

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
See what happens when you try to help!!! ;) Teasing of course since we are all friends here.

BTW - Curious what the dealership has to say?!? Hopefully a re-flash/reset of the ECU will fix this bug.
Haven't taken it to the dealership over this. Not causing any issues and it doesn't happen all of the time. Just keep an eye out for it and post if you see it too.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if the dealership flashed it with the wrong firmware during an update; installed the manual trans software instead of auto.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I wonder if the dealership flashed it with the wrong firmware during an update; installed the manual trans software instead of auto.
If we start to see many others seeing this then we'll have a clue. Indeed, the issue can be fixed with tweaking of the firmware by the firmware developer.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I saw a review video and it showed the message that the brake needed to be depressed to start. I am curious if you normally see the correct message and once in a while you see the message with the clutch. That would be odd if it flip flopped back and forth between the messages.

Sponsored

OP
OP

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I doubt it, like I said, the Clutch message doesn't show up all the time, the correct Brake message does. I see this Clutch message maybe 30% of the time.

OP
OP

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I saw a review video and it showed the message that the brake needed to be depressed to start. I am curious if you normally see the correct message and once in a while you see the message with the clutch. That would be odd if it flip flopped back and forth between the messages.
Yeah, I see them both, Clutch message less than Brake message though.

rodhotter

First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 chevy colorado 2001 audi TT 225Q
just typical early production issues, just be happy IF the new slushbox works well into the future!!!

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Haven't taken it to the dealership over this. Not causing any issues and it doesn't happen all of the time. Just keep an eye out for it and post if you see it too.
That's crazy @AZCrawl. That thing needs an update, dude feel asleep white programming! Wait till see my post in a little while (after I eat dinner!) Teaser "error codes on JLUR" classic dealership HS!

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep SRT Red Vapor, 2015 Jeep GC High Altitude Hemi 4x4
just typical early production issues, just be happy IF the new slushbox works well into the future!!!
Been working fine since 2013 when they started using in in many Chrysler platforms.

This isn’t a new transmission.
Sponsored