Another seat issue

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
The wife pulled the release on her passenger seat (2 door) to get to the back, and the trim came off. Then the seat would not lock back. I saw the threads on broken/ slipped springs for the handle, but hers was still connected at the top. Felt like nothing was connected at the bottom. After pulling the seat forward and back on the track a few times and tilting the seat back while pulling the recline strap, magically it started working again. I'm at a loss as to what happened. Maybe I'm just not doing it right. Anyone else had this happen?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
There are lots of complaints of cheap seat latches and flimsy seat levers breaking, unfortunately.

The passenger seat on my 2-door JKs was also quite recalcitrant, but at least nothing ever broke.

I’d take it to the dealership. Should be covered by the warranty.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
PS - this can fall on either side of “wear and tear”, unfortunately. So be nice to your Service Advisor.

Most dealers will replace under warranty parts that are known to break off easily, but they will do it only once.

OP
OP
Ruby Clatterbox

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Her Jeep has less than 300 miles on it. I'm thinking wear and tear is out of the question. There's nothing broken that I can see, just a glitch of some sort I guess.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Is the seat release working again?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ruby Clatterbox

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Is the seat release working again?
Yeah, don't know just what happened, but it seems to work now. Ended up taking the rear seat out, so it's a non issue as of now.

First Name
Humberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Yeah, don't know just what happened, but it seems to work now. Ended up taking the rear seat out, so it's a non issue as of now.
Ive had similar problem on my 2dr JL but my seat is stuck. I am able to fold it once for it to be flat but on the second step if I want to make more space for the cargo area it wont fold.
Also side note this is my 2nd JL and on both all sun visors have broken. Has anyone else had this issue?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Sun visors? What sun visors...?

I don’t think I’ve ever used mine...

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
I folded mine down to remove the tops... :like:
Passenger Sunvisor broke on my wife's '19 JLUR, right at the swivel hinge. I took it apart and it seems the plastic at the end (where it plugs into roof) has broken off, so it's kind of hanging free. I need to bring it in to the dealer. First time I've ever had a broken visor....

Sponsored

First Name
Humberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Passenger Sunvisor broke on my wife's '19 JLUR, right at the swivel hinge. I took it apart and it seems the plastic at the end (where it plugs into roof) has broken off, so it's kind of hanging free. I need to bring it in to the dealer. First time I've ever had a broken visor....
Yeah same seems like a very poor design. On both JLs I’ve owned both driver and passenger has broken. The dealer has replaced the parts but I thought by now it should of already been redesigned. First was an 18 and now a 20.

JackoJL

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL S 2dr
Ive had similar problem on my 2dr JL but my seat is stuck. I am able to fold it once for it to be flat but on the second step if I want to make more space for the cargo area it wont fold.
Also side note this is my 2nd JL and on both all sun visors have broken. Has anyone else had this issue?
I currently have the same seat issue. We’re you able to figure yours out?