Sponsored

Another Rubicon suspension swap question...

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
So, I totally screwed up last week pulling off on the shoulder of the road up in NY at night. Looked nice and flat, but dropped off to about 2'deep just off the road with tall grass. Messed up two rims trying to get out, (one had a small piece chunked off). Anyway, I found a set of new take off wheels and tires along with a Rubi take off suspension including front drive shaft. I'll use the wheels and tires, but was thinking of putting the springs and shocks on the wifes Willys 2dr. What kind of lift do you guys think I'll get from this, and will it even work? Since the Willys has Rubi shocks, should I change them out also?
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
So, I totally screwed up last week pulling off on the shoulder of the road up in NY at night. Looked nice and flat, but dropped off to about 2'deep just off the road with tall grass. Messed up two rims trying to get out, (one had a small piece chunked off). Anyway, I found a set of new take off wheels and tires along with a Rubi take off suspension including front drive shaft. I'll use the wheels and tires, but was thinking of putting the springs and shocks on the wifes Willys 2dr. What kind of lift do you guys think I'll get from this, and will it even work? Since the Willys has Rubi shocks, should I change them out also?
Depends what the specs are on the donor Rubicon, if it's a heavy one w/ steel bumpers, 4dr, tow pkg, hardtop you can expect about a 2" lift. That's what I got from springs from that type Rubicon on my 2dr Sport. And yes, the springs are all you'd need to swap since you have the Rubicon shocks on the Willys pkg. Nice to have that extra set of shocks and end links since they're wear items. I would definitely get the longer Mopar lift LCAs when you lift the Willys to keep your caster proper.
Here's my install thread on both (post #4 for the LCAs)
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/

OP
OP
Ruby Clatterbox

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Depends what the specs are on the donor Rubicon, if it's a heavy one w/ steel bumpers, 4dr, tow pkg, hardtop you can expect about a 2" lift. That's what I got from springs from that type Rubicon on my 2dr Sport. And yes, the springs are all you'd need to swap since you have the Rubicon shocks on the Willys pkg. Nice to have that extra set of shocks and end links since they're wear items. I would definitely get the longer Mopar lift LCAs when you lift the Willys to keep your caster proper.
Here's my install thread on both (post #4 for the LCAs)
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/
Thanks for that! I know as soon as I lift it, she's gonna complain it's harder to get in and out of....

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks for that! I know as soon as I lift it, she's gonna complain it's harder to get in and out of....
My wife complained a bit at first but all good now, think she wants it even higher lol
Sponsored