American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hi all, any idea if the National Luna Legacy 50 will fit on the driver side using the AAL slide? Its footprint is very similar to the ARB 50. The passenger side is not an option with my tailgate table in place.
Post a pic with with fridge in the Jeep, picture looking straight down or side angle with fridge and rear door opening in same frame. You can email or call to ask, always had good communication with them.
Sponsored

COLDCUT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-Door JL Rubicon
Hi guys, I thought I'd post a follow-up to this discussion, specifically on whether or not the ARB 50 would fit on the driver side. I managed to get mine to fit, albeit with a little gerry-rigging. Using the M.A.S.S. connectors, the fridge slide does not sit aft enough to be able to fit the ARB 50qt fridge. To solve this, I had to find a way to move the fridge slide toward the rear of the Jeep and still secure it to the M.A.S.S. platform. I wound up test-fitting the slide on the platform with the fridge on it, making sure that the rear seat on the driver side would still close. I then decided to secure the slide to the platform using simple pop-rivets, rather than the M.A.S.S. connectors. I know that this kind of diminishes the value of the M.A.S.S. system but since I intended on making the fridge a permanent fixture I decided that it was a worthwhile trade-off. With the fridge in place, and the rear seat closing easily, I had to come up with a way to allow the slide releases tab, on the left side of the slide, to close without being struck by the tailgate when it closes. I did this by drilling two small holes into the "hump" in the tailgate, to accommodate both the slide release and the little buttonhead screw that secures the fridge's tiedown strap. The interior of the "hump" is completely hollow in the area. With the holes drilled, the tailgate closes completely, with zero contact with the fridge slide. It's now a perfect fit. I love the fit and finish of this system and its been a great asset on my overland adventures so far!

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform IMG_1710

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform IMG_1709

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform IMG_1708

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform IMG_1711

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hi guys, I thought I'd post a follow-up to this discussion, specifically on whether or not the ARB 50 would fit on the driver side. I managed to get mine to fit, albeit with a little gerry-rigging. Using the M.A.S.S. connectors, the fridge slide does not sit aft enough to be able to fit the ARB 50qt fridge. To solve this, I had to find a way to move the fridge slide toward the rear of the Jeep and still secure it to the M.A.S.S. platform. I wound up test-fitting the slide on the platform with the fridge on it, making sure that the rear seat on the driver side would still close. I then decided to secure the slide to the platform using simple pop-rivets, rather than the M.A.S.S. connectors. I know that this kind of diminishes the value of the M.A.S.S. system but since I intended on making the fridge a permanent fixture I decided that it was a worthwhile trade-off. With the fridge in place, and the rear seat closing easily, I had to come up with a way to allow the slide releases tab, on the left side of the slide, to close without being struck by the tailgate when it closes. I did this by drilling two small holes into the "hump" in the tailgate, to accommodate both the slide release and the little buttonhead screw that secures the fridge's tiedown strap. The interior of the "hump" is completely hollow in the area. With the holes drilled, the tailgate closes completely, with zero contact with the fridge slide. It's now a perfect fit. I love the fit and finish of this system and its been a great asset on my overland adventures so far!

nice! I ended up using self taping screw s to hold mine down, the mass holes were off an 1 1/3” on mine. Just enough to not have room to drill new mass holes. I thought about the hole in back of the door for the release tabs and looking back probably would have went that route. Nice setup!

image.jpg

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked it up from install yesterday. Everything exceeded my expectations. Only two complaints. It took 7 weeks to get my stuff and they estimate 2-3 weeks and the installers said the hardware wasn’t right. But now that it’s here I wouldn’t do any thing different. It’s all built so well.

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform image

Looks incredible!!!
Quick question, do you hear your tools bouncing around when off-roading? I hate rattling noises and I am curious what could be done. thanks

COLDCUT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-Door JL Rubicon
Thanks Moody, those M.A.S.S. cutouts are just a bit off. I brought the matter up with the owner (Brit) and I'm sure that he'll figure something out. He's very open to suggestions and criticisms. After using my setup now for a while, I am extremely pleased with the quality, fit and finish, and I have no regrets about drilling the holes. In my opinion, the whole setup is a great storage solution and I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

nice! I ended up using self taping screw s to hold mine down, the mass holes were off an 1 1/3” on mine. Just enough to not have room to drill new mass holes. I thought about the hole in back of the door for the release tabs and looking back probably would have went that route. Nice setup!

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
No complaints from me either and I have other AAL stuff as well. You get what you pay for in terms of quality. I see the company expanding fast from what read on social media etc, hope they go all the way.

For the post about tools rattling etc. I just use shirts and other fabric items to dampen the noise in the drawer.

h46crewchf

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 1998 TJ, 1982 CJ 7
Well... I just ordered the updated ARB ZERO 47. From what I can tell it's about an inch shorter than the 50. Hoping it fits without much hassle.
How did the 47qt Zero work out with the MASS floor? Did you get a slide under it? I have the 47qt also and still looking for ideas on floor and slide.

SiNiSon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Great to see with the shelf in as well.. any chance you know the distance from the top of the MASS platform to the bottom of the shelf (your shelf is in the upper most position it looks like). I have the shelf and am ordering the platform but trying to find some real world numbers from platform to shelf so I can figure my drawers our :)

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers
S

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
Glad I found this thread. A question that I've been trying to get answered: How much space is behind the M.A.S.S. plate and the seat itself? I plan to run the triple drawers on the right and a <50qt (probably 37-47) fridge on the driver side.

My intent was to place this behind it: Front Runner Water Tank

Does anyone see this fitting?

SiNiSon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
If you look at some the recent AAL instagram pix you can see a jeep with the slider out and a fold up table in behind it.. so looks pretty good for space.. they make a front facing shelf thing that has some good drawings which seem to show it depends on which slide you pick.. Thingy

They have always been super helpful when I call them to ask for measurements.. :)

S

Sponsored

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you look at some the recent AAL instagram pix you can see a jeep with the slider out and a fold up table in behind it.. so looks pretty good for space.. they make a front facing shelf thing that has some good drawings which seem to show it depends on which slide you pick.. Thingy

They have always been super helpful when I call them to ask for measurements.. :)

S
Yeah they have been quite laggy on the phone replies these days. I know Overland West was going on, but both myself and the shop I'm working with haven't heard back from them in over a week regarding this.

It looks like that will fit behind the drawer system, but my concern lies mostly with the driver side fridge and making sure that it fits behind that.

When I see people saying things to the effect of "the fitment with the fridge is so tight that I have to move it out to fold the seat down", that makes me think there isn't enough space behind there for this water container. See how in the below picture you have space behind the drawers, but seemingly nothing behind the fridge slide? That would make it not fit.

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform 2019-03-25_13-10-32

So yeah, that's what I really want to know. How much space is there behind the mounted fridges of various sizes?

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
In this thread, Goose Gear, American Adventure Labs, and DFG Offroad are discussed (DFG website does not list any JL products).
Are their any others that people have come across, the cost of each of these is pretty substantial and I was hoping to find something a little lower cost.

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In this thread, Goose Gear, American Adventure Labs, and DFG Offroad are discussed (DFG website does not list any JL products).
Are their any others that people have come across, the cost of each of these is pretty substantial and I was hoping to find something a little lower cost.
I think the most affordable one out there is from Springtail.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yeah they have been quite laggy on the phone replies these days. I know Overland West was going on, but both myself and the shop I'm working with haven't heard back from them in over a week regarding this.

It looks like that will fit behind the drawer system, but my concern lies mostly with the driver side fridge and making sure that it fits behind that.

When I see people saying things to the effect of "the fitment with the fridge is so tight that I have to move it out to fold the seat down", that makes me think there isn't enough space behind there for this water container. See how in the below picture you have space behind the drawers, but seemingly nothing behind the fridge slide? That would make it not fit.

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform 2019-03-25_13-10-32

So yeah, that's what I really want to know. How much space is there behind the mounted fridges of various sizes?
If you plan on having the back seat upright not enough space for the water container that’s for sure. A smaller capacity fridge would just make that idea worse. Now you might be able to mount it on the side, theres a few inches gap from drawers and Side of the Jeep if you have no subwoofer.

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you plan on having the back seat upright not enough space for the water container that’s for sure. A smaller capacity fridge would just make that idea worse. Now you might be able to mount it on the side, theres a few inches gap from drawers and Side of the Jeep if you have no subwoofer.
I've since sorted out a different water solution and am also removing the 60% rear seats. It'll be interesting to see how large of a fridge I can get in there after that.
Sponsored