Am I missing transmission mount nuts?

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
Was doing some work under the Jeep when I noticed 3 bolts coming out from under the transmission cross member. The nut on the right (driver) is loose, and the two on the left are completely missing. These bolts are clearly going to the transmission/transfer case mount, and I'm concerned that these are missing. Can anyone confirm? I have a two door, 3.6L, manual, if that makes any difference at all.
Jeep Wrangler JL Am I missing transmission mount nuts? PXL_20210729_235637594

Edit* Don't mind the two missing BOLTS in the middle. I have an engine skid that I took off, which mounts there. That's when I noticed this. I'm curious about the missing NUTS.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RockyMtnHigh

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys, I had a feeling that would be the answer. Like I said, I have an engine skid plate that normally covers these bolts. I have no idea how long they've been gone, but I don't even see any clean spots on the threads where they used to be. I have had some work done to the transmission (clutch recalls and whatnot) I have to wonder if they just forgot to put them back on.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys, I had a feeling that would be the answer. Like I said, I have an engine skid plate that normally covers these bolts. I have no idea how long they've been gone, but I don't even see any clean spots on the threads where they used to be. I have had some work done to the transmission (clutch recalls and whatnot) I have to wonder if they just forgot to put them back on.
I have to believe it’s more likely they were left off after the dealer/recall work than they weren’t ever installed at all.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Likely didn't torque them right.

OP
OP
RockyMtnHigh

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the person reading this thread 3 years from now, the Mopar part number for the nuts is 6510210AA. These are M14 x 2.00 nuts. In a pinch you can find them at Home Depot, they didn't have any at AutoZone. I'm getting the Mopar ones, but the home Depot ones will work until then.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Use some of the new orange loctite on the new nuts. It has the holding power of red, but removable like blue. It has become my favorite type of thread locker.

Sponsored