David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Some days mine bounces from high 12s to low 14s. Usually higher when coasting or slowing down. Other days it's pegged in mid 13s. Not worried. Dealer isn't touching my rig
Sponsored

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Some days mine bounces from high 12s to low 14s. Usually higher when coasting or slowing down. Other days it's pegged in mid 13s. Not worried. Dealer isn't touching my rig
are you connected to the vehicle to get email updates?

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase

Bud90

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 JKU
My buddy sent me this posting

i have been getting these emails since 256 miles and I’m now at 5689 miles.
the dealership replaces the alternator, fried the PCM, fired both of the batteries, had to wait for a new PCM, the replacement alternator put out less charge vs the original one. They installed the original alternator and I’m back to square one with the exception, the dealership completely dismantled my JLUR causing damage, broken clips, missing clips, panels not fitting right damage to the paint in both door jams and bolts under the hood.
talk about being pissed!
they have a open Star case and the clowns at FCA gave up because they have no idea what the problem is.
my last conversation with the dealership before I left on a trip was FCA had put a senior advisor on my case.
when I get back I have to drop off my JLUR for the dealership to fix all of the damage they caused while working on the vehicle.
The dealership has another alternator on order, due date is July
my vehicle will charge normally until it heats up, than it stays at 12.6V.
I have not had any problems other than the emails saying their is a problem. When the dealership plugs in their tester their are no codes.
my advise is if the dealership works on your vehicle do a complete inspection, none of their techs have been trained on the diesel and are completely clueless.
the FCA Star case folks are no better than calling Apple care for help. They only follow a flow chart they are reading from.
Thanks for the info
If I hear this correctly as long as the jeep is running and doesn’t leave me stranded don’t bring it to the dealer for this problem

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Thanks for the info
If I hear this correctly as long as the jeep is running and doesn’t leave me stranded don’t bring it to the dealer for this problem
Yep
I have not had one problem other than the emails saying it’s not charging.
Sponsored