Alpine X409 JL Backup Cam Problem

shatty

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus NX 250, 2016 Corvette ZO6/ZO7
So I got my X409 JL installed 2 weeks ago or so. Install went ok but having a prob with the backup cam. I trouble shot it with Alpine and my installer. I get a messed up image on the screen when put into reverse. Sometimes you see half the image and sometimes you see garbage. We are thinking its the Backup cam module SGS-BSV1-WJL. Problem is Alpine's factory is closed due to C-19. Has anyone else had this issue? We tried messing with the DIPs, rebooting everything, check wires. Nothing more to do really. Its plug and play.
Sponsored

Molson123123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
So I got my X409 JL installed 2 weeks ago or so. Install went ok but having a prob with the backup cam. I trouble shot it with Alpine and my installer. I get a messed up image on the screen when put into reverse. Sometimes you see half the image and sometimes you see garbage. We are thinking its the Backup cam module SGS-BSV1-WJL. Problem is Alpine's factory is closed due to C-19. Has anyone else had this issue? We tried messing with the DIPs, rebooting everything, check wires. Nothing more to do really. Its plug and play.
I installed mine yesterday (2 hours my ***....6 full working hours). My backup camera image isn’t great or very fluid, but not the issues you are seeing. Have you had any resolution to this yet?

Negativezero4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I installed mine yesterday (2 hours my ***....6 full working hours). My backup camera image isn’t great or very fluid, but not the issues you are seeing. Have you had any resolution to this yet?
The back up cam resolution on my x409 is garbage

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have seen other threads where people upgrade to a different camera, not sure why but low success and bad video. This means you will prolly relocate it since most or all aftermarket options don’t fit in the spare wheel.

Negativezero4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I have seen other threads where people upgrade to a different camera, not sure why but low success and bad video. This means you will prolly relocate it since most or all aftermarket options don’t fit in the spare wheel.
Do you have any engine noise or other sounds that come through your speakers when music isn’t playing on your x409?

Sponsored

sabharad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Seeing if anyone has made progress with the backup cam issue. Mine is intermittent. When it does get garbled up, I just have to turn the car off, restart, and back on, then good to go. It's annoying, but not the end of the world.
Sponsored