Sponsored

Alpine Stereo Replacement - replacing or adding with Alpine amps?

lhigham

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Hybrid
Edit : I'm looking for 4xe specific information please.

Hello All,

Has anyone replaced the Alpine external amp and /or added one or more amps to the system ?

I am aware of Crutchfield's general 30A warning but (a) not sure if that is 30A + the 25A that the Alpine amp takes (based on the fuse) so total 55A.

I'd like to pull the Alpine amp out and put in 100A worth of amplifiers to be able to properly drive good replacement speakers but I don't want to take any risks with the (hybrid) electrical system.

Thanks for any thoughts you feel like contributing,
Lars
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
OP
OP

lhigham

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Hybrid
There are quite a few threads on complete head unit, amp and speaker replacements.

Start here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/electronics-electrical-uconnect-nav-a-v-cb-cameras.9/

Beyond that. If you go to Google and punch in what youre looking for and add "JLWranglerforum" after it, you'll get a lot of hits there vs the Forum search tool.
Thank you - I've had a look using your Google method now as well but I'm not finding any concrete 4xe specific information. I've got a good understanding of what can be done for non-hybrid but need to understand what can actually be done with a 4xe without causing problems for the hybrid electric (for example my question in the OP about 80-100 Amp draw). Also I just got an email from JL Audio saying they can't confirm if the Stealthbox will even fit in the 4xe because the floor is higher than non-hybrid JLs and they haven't been able to get their hands on one, apparently, to test fitment.

Again thanks,
L

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Thank you - I've had a look using your Google method now as well but I'm not finding any concrete 4xe specific information. I've got a good understanding of what can be done for non-hybrid but need to understand what can actually be done with a 4xe without causing problems for the hybrid electric (for example my question in the OP about 80-100 Amp draw). Also I just got an email from JL Audio saying they can't confirm if the Stealthbox will even fit in the 4xe because the floor is higher than non-hybrid JLs and they haven't been able to get their hands on one, apparently, to test fitment.

Again thanks,
L
Cheers. She's pretty new, that's for sure. Might be prudent to wait for aftermarket catch up. Good luck!
Sponsored

Last edited: