All Those from Minnesota!

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Finally received my JLUR, it’s been great the last couple of weeks. Now... anyone know a spot near the metro to wheel? Not a mud pit...

3FE070EE-E892-44FD-9320-B0F0C5F86249.jpeg

39BA5C24-D8FF-487F-AC15-1018DC698FA0.jpeg
Well don’t come south to Mankato. With 10” of rain everything’s a mud pit!
Sponsored

baggio16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon

Beaver

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S & 2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Occupation
Auto Sales
We are planning a trip up to Gilbert, MN. Read some good things about it, but haven't been yet. I'll report back after we go in August.

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
We are planning a trip up to Gilbert, MN. Read some good things about it, but haven't been yet. I'll report back after we go in August
Please do. That’s on my list of places to hit if I ever get my Jeep.

MNSeapilot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Hello all. I am Steve from Lakeville. We have our first jeep on order (since May :( ). 2dr Rubicon in Mojito!, manual with a hard top, LED lights, Steel bumper, hard top, keyless entry, towing package, cold weather group, UConnect and engine heater.

We will be beginning off road drivers, Rubicon is way overkill for our skill level, but we wanted creature comforts and the Sahara does not come in a 2dr this year.

Sponsored

Beaver

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S & 2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Occupation
Auto Sales
Please do. That’s on my list of places to hit if I ever get my Jeep.
Didn’t go to Gilbert, heard the iron ore could stain the paint, so we went to Appleton, MN. Great park, some tough trails, but lots of stuff for newbies like us.

861C1421-6BA3-4214-9128-B8D1E177A297.jpeg

28315C2E-32AC-401F-A28D-479F8AAECA92.jpeg

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
Didn’t go to Gilbert, heard the iron ore could stain the paint, so we went to Appleton, MN. Great park, some tough trails, but lots of stuff for newbies like us.
Excellent. I'll put Appleton on my list. I knew the Gilbert red dirt was a challenge to get off but I hadn't heard that it can actually stain the paint. Not really into doing that to a brand new vehicle. I do plan on getting firecracker red paint so maybe it'll be immune. I'll have to look into this a bit more.

If you guys are looking for some Jeep fun, I'd suggest trying this out.

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/input/mgmtplans/touring/index.html

I did sections five and six of the map and it was absolutely stunning. The trails through the Superior forest were a blast.
I'll put this on my list too. I can't get the wife to buy into camping for more than a couple of days so I may be on my own up there. I'm a bit leery of camping in a tent up in bear country too. I may need to get a trailer.

I'm so annoyed with waiting to get my Jeep. Uuuggghhhhh.

Jl Jill

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee trailhawk & JL Sahara ❤
Hello from the Tundra.

Just trying to connect with all those new JL owners that live in Minnesota. It would be fun to know more about you.

Patrick & Wendy McNeil
Bayport, MN

Hi Jill from MN white Sahara JL
Hello from the Tundra.

Just trying to connect with all those new JL owners that live in Minnesota. It would be fun to know more about you.

Patrick & Wendy McNeil
Bayport, MN
Hello from the Tundra.

Patrick & Wendy McNeil
Bayport, MN

AucturitasJones

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Business Management
Vehicle Showcase
Jason and Brenda here from Cottage Grove. We have a 2018 JLU Rubicon in Mojito. My third Jeep so far, previous two were Cherokees, one XJ and one KL. Also had a Durango SLT 4wd and drive it through just about everything you can drive a Jeep through. Looking to drive a lot of trails around here, won't be doing much rock crawling until we get some armor on the belly. Currently building an electric host to take the roof off with ease.

Sponsored

sanjayr328

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport plus
Greetings all.

Sanjay here from Plymouth MN. bit of a car nut , we moved to the US for work about 8 years back. Mustang, GTI and finally my first ever Jeep
waited a long time to get one. test drove the JK many times but never got used to it. Finally with the JL absolutely loved the way she drives.
went with the Sport Plus but got two, premium audio, heated seats.
having issues with the 5 inch U-Connect. going to the dealer today for first oil change

Took delivery of an Ocean Blue on the 31st of June. Just got back from a massive road trip to Utah. drove a few of the trails and all the National Parks. went to Moab - the mecca :) of Jeeps. My first ever automatic so that my wife can drive it easily. really like the manual in the JL - nice and crisp and my DD at the time was a 2015VW GTI - with a superb manual.

a few things done so far
- Thule bike rack
- Hoist in the garage to take the roof off easily
- Weather tech mats

IMG_0488.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

MIKALE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler sport 6spd
Greetings all.

Sanjay here from Plymouth MN. bit of a car nut , we moved to the US for work about 8 years back. Mustang, GTI and finally my first ever Jeep
waited a long time to get one. test drove the JK many times but never got used to it. Finally with the JL absolutely loved the way she drives.
went with the Sport Plus but got two, premium audio, heated seats.
having issues with the 5 inch U-Connect. going to the dealer today for first oil change

Took delivery of an Ocean Blue on the 31st of June. Just got back from a massive road trip to Utah. drove a few of the trails and all the National Parks. went to Moab - the mecca :) of Jeeps. My first ever automatic so that my wife can drive it easily. really like the manual in the JL - nice and crisp and my DD at the time was a 2015VW GTI - with a superb manual.

a few things done so far
- Thule bike rack
- Hoist in the garage to take the roof off easily
- Weather tech mats

IMG_0488.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg
How was your sport out in Moab? We have a almost the identical jeep that we picked up last month in Redwing, MN. Ocean Blue Manual transmission steel wheels. Wasn't considering driving on our trip, but now you have me thinking...

IMG_4434.PNG

sanjayr328

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport plus
How was your sport out in Moab? We have a almost the identical jeep that we picked up last month in Redwing, MN. Ocean Blue Manual transmission steel wheels. Wasn't considering driving on our trip, but now you have me thinking...

ah, nice, looks great with the doors off :clap:.
in and around Moab- there are a variety of trails to drive on, so pick difficult, easy and so on
stick with the easier trails and you are fine.
anything that needs higher skill and bigger tires, lockers etc - are off limits for now.

make sure you go to a number of the National parks and drive with the roof off - driving through zion or arches with the top off is the experience to have.

The challenge and long haul is the drive to get to Utah - what with wind noise and the long miles. we do long road trips every year so used to it and take regular breaks and an overnight stop or two. two drivers needed to give you a break through Nebraska and then the mountains in Colorado.
all doable quite happily as long you have time to spare and enjoy the journey - not just the destination. :jk:

IMG_4434.PNG

Wrangled

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there neighbors -- Suzanne here ( S. MPLS ) with a new Mojito Green 2-door Rubicon. This is my second Rubi. The first was a silver 2004 TJ. I figured this round I wouldn't go crazy with aftermarket goodies. Then I start reading this site... GAH! My 35" KO2's go on some new Black Rhino Warlord wheels on Sept 6. Wasn't sure if I were the only Mojito in these parts, but I see there are at least two of you who have them as well.

Rubicop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU- ordered 6-18
Picked up JLUR last Friday, had Ace sliders put on today! I had them installed for me as I read way too many threads about broken body mount bolts.. I had them done at Zeus off road in Burnsville. Check them out they were super friendly cool guys! Definitely know jeeps!

20180906_093559.jpg

20180906_101151.jpg

20180906_101143.jpg
Sponsored