Alien Sunshade Customer Showcase and Gallery

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Are any of the colors more UV resistant than others, or are they all pretty much the same?

Do you have any pictures of the red right next to the Rubicon dash? I just want to see how close the color is. Please and thank you.

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Are any of the colors more UV resistant than others, or are they all pretty much the same?

Do you have any pictures of the red right next to the Rubicon dash? I just want to see how close the color is. Please and thank you.
Hi Michelle!
They're all the same since they all use the same mesh pattern/design.

As for some pics, here's what I got. Does this work?

Keep in mind the 2nd pic is in direct sunlight and the camera is kind of making it look a bit radioactive.

BTW, nice license plate.:giggle:

IMG_2826.jpeg
IMG_2827.jpeg

Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Michelle!
They're all the same since they all use the same mesh pattern/design.

As for some pics, here's what I got. Does this work?

Keep in mind the 2nd pic is in direct sunlight and the camera is kind of making it look a bit radioactive.

BTW, nice license plate.:giggle:

IMG_2826.jpeg
IMG_2827.jpeg
That helps. Thank you!

If you see me the next time I am in Toledo/Perrysburg visiting family, give my little Mall Rated Jeep a wave. :)

Frankie Drums

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
If you guys had an Ocean Blue color selection you'd have my money already. :)

Froggin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Rubicon
How is the green with mojito?

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
How is the green with mojito?
Hi Jerry!
We haven't done one of our green shades with the Mojito! paint yet so we can't make an experience-backed comment. However, our green shade is a closer match to Gecko Green which is lighter/brighter whereas Mojito! is a bit darker and has more metallic flake in it.

I think it would still look good but it certainly won't be a perfect match.

Here's an example of one of our customers who has a Synergy Green JKU with our (Gecko) Green Sunshade. I personally think the subtle mis-match of color looks awesome.

1reptilicon_ontario-convention-center_204872777728_n.jpg

HogDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2018 JL 2.0T
Installed the shade tonight after getting in from work. Guess my brain was dead after a long day since it sure took me more than the 15 min. that I've heard on installs.
I noticed after I finished that I put one of the front t-bars on the inside of the front center windshield bolt instead of the outside, so the bungee is angled instead of straight. Guess that will have to be another project for the weekend.
Question: on the 2 side bungees on each door - is the cord going to rub the paint? It seems it would quite possible for it to do so.
alien - 1.jpg alien - 1 (1).jpg

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with black instead of red. It matches the rest of the top.

IMG_20180627_214038_443.jpg

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Installed the shade tonight after getting in from work. Guess my brain was dead after a long day since it sure took me more than the 15 min. that I've heard on installs.
I noticed after I finished that I put one of the front t-bars on the inside of the front center windshield bolt instead of the outside, so the bungee is angled instead of straight. Guess that will have to be another project for the weekend.
Question: on the 2 side bungees on each door - is the cord going to rub the paint? It seems it would quite possible for it to do so.
alien - 1.jpg alien - 1 (1).jpg
Thanks for posting up your pics! The blue looks BOSS.

As for your question about rubbing, we've been running ours for a while with no rubbing or scratches to the paint. Unless you're grabbing the bungees and treating it like dental floss on your rig, you shouldn't have any issues.:lipssealed: