Alien Sunshade Bungees

cride1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Hey folks - Had a sunshade thrown in with some seat covers I bought, but didn't have any bungees. With them out of business now, does anybody know where I could find a set?
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I bought a sunshade and then got warranty replacement bungees from them via amazon. It wasn't until after that I heard they were out of business. I think they were bought out but still seem to be selling stuff.
Amazon.com: ALIEN SUNSHADE

OP
OP

cride1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't see any bungees on the amazon store.

I bought a sunshade and then got warranty replacement bungees from them via amazon. It wasn't until after that I heard they were out of business. I think they were bought out but still seem to be selling stuff.
Amazon.com: ALIEN SUNSHADE

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Harbor Freight will have ball bungees. Not sure what size you'll need but I'm sure you'll find what you need there. For the windshield clips though, I'm not sure. May need to improvise something.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hey folks - Had a sunshade thrown in with some seat covers I bought, but didn't have any bungees. With them out of business now, does anybody know where I could find a set?
@cride1

Real easy to do the install of the Alien Sunshade with inexpensive black bungees you buy on Amazon or eBAY. A bungee is a bungee. Buy 15" inexpensive black bungees... bungee's can very easily be modded by anyone in regard to length...

NO, you do not need the "T-Bungees" that ship with the Alien Sunshade. All you do is run the bungee over the front and not use the plastic clips (they bend and become unusable with high temps) that come with the T bungees.

Many like myself have gone with the bungees as mentioned and said to heck with the plastic clips. Install is easy and looks good...

Oh.... for anyone that needs some Alien plastic clips.. I have 3 brand new front bungee plastic clips for an Alien Sunshade. $6.00 and you pay the $4.00 postage to anywhere in CONUS.

OP
OP

cride1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Harbor Freight will have ball bungees. Not sure what size you'll need but I'm sure you'll find what you need there. For the windshield clips though, I'm not sure. May need to improvise something.

Alien Sunshade was a Sponsor here on the forum. I've had their sunshade since they were first offered by Alien Sunshade...

Real nice Sunshade but the plastic clips that were shipped with the Alien Sunshades are bad bad....

MANY guys to include myself had the plastic clips fail ...... Hot locales (Florida, etc.) and the clips give up... bend straight... and release the front bungee....

Longtime user's with this issue got replacement clips and they failed..... Alien Sunshade was good at clip replacement while they were a Sponsor here...

Anyway, soon.... many here to include myself just stopped using the front T-bungees and the plastic clips.. We just looped a long bungee over the front.. Easy to do and no more issues with plastic clips failing.. Looks just as good.... My Alien is almost 3 yrs. young and still looks great.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Zip ties

EDIT: I had no idea they went out of business. Also, I was being serious... lol. Our front clips broke and I used zip ties and they worked great.

Last edited:

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Anyway, soon.... many here to include myself just stopped using the front T-bungees and the plastic clips.. We just looped a long bungee over the front.. Easy to do and no more issues with plastic clips failing.. Looks just as good.... My Alien is almost 3 yrs. young and still looks great.
I'm probably in the minority but I would actually prefer this solution. I have a spiderweb shade that I can't really say anything bad about. Had one on my TJ for many years and it never gave me a problem or faded or anything. So when it came time to get one for the JL I went spiderweb shade again. But they also use a plastic clip behind the windshield. It has never failed me, I have no reason to think it ever will and if it does I trust spiderweb shade to take care of me. What I don't like is the bungees that attach to those clips are permanently mounted to the shade. This annoys me because I would like to be able to quickly and easily roll up the shade. So I can have full sun when I want it, then put the shade back when I don't. Did this on the TJ, just undo the front, roll it, and use a bungee or two to secure the roll to the top of the sport cage. It's more annoying on the JL now because I have to unbolt my windshield first. I suppose it's not terrible for me as I often have the windshield down anyways, but I'd like something faster and easier. Your solution to the alien shade is what I would have preferred.
Sponsored