Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
  • Banned
2019 Sahara with the all terrains. Dont know brand name yet. (Vehicle delivery Friday) What pressures do you like to run off road? How low can I go on stock wheels?
Sponsored

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
15 is completely safe. You'd want to test lower, but you can probably get away down to 12 psi. Much less and you get into the danger zone.

OP
OP
allieboy

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
  • Banned
15 is completely safe. You'd want to test lower, but you can probably get away down to 12 psi. Much less and you get into the danger zone.
Should i go that low on dirt roads or only for rock crawling?

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
No offense, but if you're even asking that question then you should air down to the 30's and stay on road until you learn way more.

OP
OP
allieboy

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
  • Banned
No offense, but if you're even asking that question then you should air down to the 30's and stay on road until you learn way more.
Been reading a TON! Responses I see from forums are all over the map. I was hoping to get folks who go off road often to chime in. You could have said, "Try 20 for dirt or light rocks or 15 for rocks". But, no worries. Oh, and douchy answers never offend me. God bless.

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
JC7...be nice, guess you really are from "outer space"!! This forum is supposed to be a place to learn and mostly great folks! Oh well always an exception I guess!

allieboy, if you ordered Slec Trac and a LS diff, you'll most likely get HT tires, the factory drops AT's when the Jeep is ordered that way. Hope you get the AT's you want, I didn't I got Bridgestone HT's, 4 of them piled up in the garage, they were quiet on road and not very good off road! New Falken ATW's great all over 'cept lost a mile or two MPG, oh well I wasn't expecting a Prius... thank god!! lol

Air down 15 to 18, rocky stuff 18, lotsa sand no big rocks, 15 works. real easy stuff leave 'em alone! Whatever you be careful and HAVE FUN!!

Go Jeep!!!

MojoHanky

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU V6 6M ($299 lease and driven like stolen), BMW 335D (400whp/600wtq)
I do 15 on the beach. I don't rock crawl, so will defer on that.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Airing down is mostly for grip and comfort. If you find you need more traction off road, then let some air out. Just keep them above 15psi to avoid loosing a bead and when you go to get back on the road, don't forget to air up first. Remember that they will heat up faster when aired down and will not be very safe at speed anyway. (Squirmy)

Avoid pointy rocks if you have All Season tires. The All Terrains are tougher and less likely to puncture.

Tires are the best upgrade, but first play with various pressures and see for yourself the effect it has. That's part of the fun. :)

OP
OP
allieboy

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
  • Banned
Airing down is mostly for grip and comfort. If you find you need more traction off road, then let some air out. Just keep them above 15psi to avoid loosing a bead and when you go to get back on the road, don't forget to air up first. Remember that they will heat up faster when aired down and will not be very safe at speed anyway. (Squirmy)

Avoid pointy rocks if you have All Season tires. The All Terrains are tougher and less likely to puncture.

Tires are the best upgrade, but first play with various pressures and see for yourself the effect it has. That's part of the fun. :)
I bought the ARB EZ Deflator and the Vlair 88P compressor

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
If you're going to be doing much at all, drop to 15 as a good starting point. A dirt road/forest trail it isn't necessary, a car on road tires can do that at full pressure. If you find yourself doing something a car wouldn't handle well, or you're on sand or in mud, just drop to 15 and call it a day. As noted above by another poster, always remember to air back up when done.
Sponsored