Advice for ordering

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
I’m curious everyone’s opinion on which trim to order, I’m torn between a sport S and a Rubicon. I’m really thinking more sport S because I’m going to immediately add a lift, tires, and new wheels, And new back and front bumpers as well. and new bag in front bumpers as well. Or is there an advantage of going with the Rubicon instead? I don’t plan to do any off routing. This will be more of just a mall crawler/toy.

I know for sure I don’t want to Sahara model, because I don’t like the color matched fender flares. But I do plan on ordering with leather interior and as many creature comfort’s as possible. I just didn’t know if the $8000 cost between the sport S and Rubicon is justified.
Sponsored

Brenden

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon unlimited manual, 2021 Ram 1500 ecodiesel crew
Mall crawling probably not.

Rubi comes with:
High line fenders
Lockers front and rear
M210 and M220 wide axles. 1.5 inches wider than the other models
Electronic sway bar disconnect
4 to 1 low range
4.10 gears in axles.

Everything else on rubi your changing anyways. The sport will mall crawl just give without the added stuff.

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I guess there are many ways to look at it but if you are not going off road, I would order the sport S or may be Willys.

Artdnj

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUHR just stolen
pay more worth more, same boat here Rubi looks way better but imo if you can swing it

OP
OP
Robbyreneeward

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
Thanks for the help so far guys.

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
I’m curious everyone’s opinion on which trim to order, I’m torn between a sport S and a Rubicon. I’m really thinking more sport S because I’m going to immediately add a lift, tires, and new wheels, And new back and front bumpers as well. and new bag in front bumpers as well. Or is there an advantage of going with the Rubicon instead? I don’t plan to do any off routing. This will be more of just a mall crawler/toy.

I know for sure I don’t want to Sahara model, because I don’t like the color matched fender flares. But I do plan on ordering with leather interior and as many creature comfort’s as possible. I just didn’t know if the $8000 cost between the sport S and Rubicon is justified.
Rubi holds its value. It is like anything else, the higher the model the more the resale value is. Just because you won’t run it off road, 10 years down the line people will pay more for your Rubi than any other model. And maybe most Rubi’s. Look for the long term too!

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, if you’re not gonna wheel it, the Sport S is a better fit. Here’s a link to the best post I’ve seen that compares the two trims so you know exactly what you’re getting/not getting for the money.
Sponsored