Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

@Casey250 published a great review of @Adventure Rack Systems' rack. I have the same one and love it. It's incredibly strong and makes alternatives like Gobi look wimpy in comparison.

We stumbled onto an air show in Grand Junction a few weeks ago on our way to Moab (for the ring of fire eclipse!) and we simply climbed on top of the roof rack to enjoy the show.

A couple things I'd like to add. One is that you need to remove the front hoop when (not if...it's a Wrangler) replacing your windshield. That can be an unexpected pain point.

Another is that you might get a whistle from the top front brackets like I did. That can be remedied by plugging the two sets of gaps above the windshield with Sugru.

Sponsored

Adventure Rack Systems

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ARS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, 2018 JL Wrangler
@Casey250 published a great review of @Adventure Rack Systems' rack. I have the same one and love it. It's incredibly strong and makes alternatives like Gobi look wimpy in comparison.

We stumbled onto an air show in Grand Junction a few weeks ago on our way to Moab (for the ring of fire eclipse!) and we simply climbed on top of the roof rack to enjoy the show.

A couple things I'd like to add. One is that you need to remove the front hoop when (not if...it's a Wrangler) replacing your windshield. That can be an unexpected pain point.

Another is that you might get a whistle from the top front brackets like I did. That can be remedied by plugging the two sets of gaps above the windshield with Sugru.

Thank you Ratbert! If possible, can you post up some pics what you did with the Sugru? I'm sure others might have a similar interest. Thanks man!

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Thank you Ratbert! If possible, can you post up some pics what you did with the Sugru? I'm sure others might have a similar interest. Thanks man!
It doesn't look quite as good as it did last year, but it's still very functional:
Jeep Wrangler JL Adventure Rack Systems Rack Review 1000008901

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread