ynygma

First Name
Baylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2021
Hello all,

I am close to getting a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU that has almost everything I want and all my "must-have options":) This Jeep will be my primary driver and we pan on going on off-road trips every few months as time and budget allow, etc.

That said, the only option the Jeep I am shopping doesn't have that I'm borderline on is the Advanced Safety Group (ALP). Is this a deal breaker, could I add this after market down the road, etc?
Sponsored

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Is this will be your daily driver I highly recommend this. I have it on my Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and it’s a must have. Adaptive cruise is fantastic and the added safety of front and rear braking is essential for a daily drive. I don’t believe you can add it after.

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

I doubt it's an easy add later if even possible.
I didn't want it when I was ordering mine. I wanted the auto high beams which forced me into both safety packages. I dont regret getting it and I'd probably get it again, but I don't see it as a deal breaker. I think the adaptive cruise is more aggressive than I would like but you can't really adjust that.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
If you want the advanced safety group, get it. I would not plan on adding it later. I have it and I am glad I ordered it.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Advanced Safety Group is completely useless off road but it will be helpful as a daily driver. Especially if you regularly drive multi-lane roads and highways.

I especially like the blind spot protection because the warning light in the side mirror can easily be seen by the other driver. It does help scoot away those boneheads who like to hang out in your blind spot for miles. They seem to think it's some sort of turn signal and you're going to cut them off.

Adaptive Cruise Control turned out to be less beneficial to me than I expected. Then again my highways are in the middle of nowhere and regular 'ol cruise control is fine for me. I'm sure it's more useful in more populated areas.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ynygma

ynygma

First Name
Baylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2021
The Jeep I am shopping, does have the Safety Group, but the only time I use ACC in my current vehicle is when I go on road trips with long stretches of highways with little traffic. Any time I get into populated areas, I turn off ACC because it’s more of a hinderance than a benefit.

My current vehicle also has forward collision warning, but again, I have never needed it, but as others have said, it’s really there for those emergencies outside of your control...

I really want this Jeep I am shopping because it is almost the perfect package for my budget, but now I am having mixed feelings regarding ACC. I’m not seeing any other Jeep’s with the must have options I want other than this one and I have a planned off-roading trip in June.

I would order one from FCA but I hear that takes several months and I’m not sure the dealer would match the deal I am looking at right now...

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
The Jeep I am shopping, does have the Safety Group, but the only time I use ACC in my current vehicle is when I go on road trips with long stretches of highways with little traffic. Any time I get into populated areas, I turn off ACC because it’s more of a hinderance than a benefit.

My current vehicle also has forward collision warning, but again, I have never needed it, but as others have said, it’s really there for those emergencies outside of your control...

I really want this Jeep I am shopping because it is almost the perfect package for my budget, but now I am having mixed feelings regarding ACC. I’m not seeing any other Jeep’s with the must have options I want other than this one and I have a planned off-roading trip in June.

I would order one from FCA but I hear that takes several months and I’m not sure the dealer would match the deal I am looking at right now...
Personally I would not consider Advanced Safety Group to be a deal breaker whether it was there or not. Other features will matter to you more. Even if you don't use it much it's nice to be able to say it's there when you sell it. Plus those little triangle lights are helpful.

Also the knee jerk order order turnaround time is 4-6 weeks. Mine came in just under 5 weeks. But you are right in that dealers are less likely to give you a deal on an order because they need to move their stock. So it might be 6 one, half dozen the other.

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee

Not sure what your current vehicle with adaptive is but Jeep’s system is top notch. It’s incredibly adjustable ao you can choose not to be aggressive or not. I love in Southern California and use it on almost every drive. If everyone had advanced safety on their daily driver we’d have way less accidents. As for a deal, just get the Jeep you want. If ordering one costs you a few thousand bucks then who cares if you get your perfect Jeep.

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Only you know if it's a deal breaker.

I had the sensors and ACC in my previous two vehicles, and I didn't want any of that in my Jeep. So, here... it's not a deal breaker.

MileHigher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 White Sahara Altitude
The weird thing is that the advanced group gives you regular cruise control, and also the smart follow mode cruise control. Out on the highway trying to parse it out was a bit tricky till I realized that there are two systems. GM just automatically does the follow mode. If you have it, I don't know why you wouldn't use it.

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
It is a dealbreaker for me. I won’t buy another new vehicle without it. My 2019 JLUR has it and it gives me a little peace of mind while driving. Also, have you checked with your insurance company? I am sure you get a better rate with it.
Sponsored