Adding factory remote start to 6MT

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Cheby Colorado
Anyone done this? Obviously you couldn't leave it parked in gear, but I never do that. I also imagine one might have to bypass the clutch switch.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It would be entertaining to remote start a vehicle in gear. At least for a moment. Preferably in a closed parking lot lol.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
It's definitely possible but much easier (or cheaper) through aftermarket.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Any information on a DIY remote start install on automatic?

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Anyone done this? Obviously you couldn't leave it parked in gear, but I never do that. I also imagine one might have to bypass the clutch switch.

Thoughts?
Not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand: Why do you want to remote start your Jeep?

Sponsored

Shenanigunz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
I had an aftermarket remote start on my MT Mustang, but I didn't see a factory option for the Jeep.

I am going to look into aftermarket starters a little closer to winter

Bragz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu
Any information on a DIY remote start install on automatic?
Flash Logic makes a Plug and play T harness remote start with the exception of two wires you have to connect for the remote start to work. You have to press your lock button 3 times for it to work. I installed in in my 2019 jlu. Whom ever you buy it through has to flash it and then it has to be reflashed again by downloading the firmware via internet or sending module back. Works great though.

OP
OP

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Cheby Colorado
Not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand: Why do you want to remote start your Jeep?
Why does anybody?

Convenience. Being able to leave the dog in the Jeep with the A/C on but without the keys in it. Same goes for heat.

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Why does anybody?

Convenience. Being able to leave the dog in the Jeep with the A/C on but without the keys in it. Same goes for heat.
I've never understood why anyone would want to remotely start their vehicle, which is why I asked.

OP
OP

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Cheby Colorado
I've never understood why anyone would want to remotely start their vehicle, which is why I asked.
I've never had one, but I can think of times it might be useful, at least to me. The times I would really love to have it is when I want to leave my doggo in the vehichle for 10-15 minutes while I run into a store or something. A/C on, sign in the window that says, "Don't break my window...". You get my point.

Sponsored

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR Manager
Well, in the South it can get extremely hot and humid. It is nice to be able to remotely start and have the A/C kick out the hot air or in the frigid cold and humid winter to knock off the chill.

FilthyJLU

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Flash Logic makes a Plug and play T harness remote start with the exception of two wires you have to connect for the remote start to work. You have to press your lock button 3 times for it to work. I installed in in my 2019 jlu. Whom ever you buy it through has to flash it and then it has to be reflashed again by downloading the firmware via internet or sending module back. Works great though.
Is your JLU 6MT?

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
If you have the cold weather group, your seat and hands are warmed up before you get in the car.
On an "ice day", I remote start the Jeep from my office window and watch the ice melt off before I jump in.
I really liked to start the Jeep from inside a store or sporting arena with the XM Guardian subscription. After a long cold walk I was rewarded with a nice and toasty Jeep. But I let the subscription lapse due to it's high annual price.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR Manager
If you have the cold weather group, your seat and hands are warmed up before you get in the car.
On an "ice day", I remote start the Jeep from my office window and watch the ice melt off before I jump in.
I really liked to start the Jeep from inside a store or sporting arena with the XM Guardian subscription. After a long cold walk I was rewarded with a nice and toasty Jeep. But I let the subscription lapse due to it's high annual price.
how high of a price per month. I have 11 months before mine is no longer free.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
how high of a price per month. I have 11 months before mine is no longer free.
At this point the full XM Guardian is $300 a year after the first six months promo price of $60.00. You can downgrade after that to a lesser package.
If you just want remote services it is $240 a year after the six month $60 promo.
Dang!!! I just wish it was a little less.
Sponsored