Adding another inch

Codyrush14

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I tried searching the forums, but still kind of new and want to make sure I understand correctly. I have the RC 2.5” suspension lift with shocks installed on my JLU. I love the look and handling, but would like another inch of lift. Is it possible to just add spacers to the existing RC lift, or will additional parts need to be replaced? Thanks y’all.
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I tried searching the forums, but still kind of new and want to make sure I understand correctly. I have the RC 2.5” suspension lift with shocks installed on my JLU. I love the look and handling, but would like another inch of lift. Is it possible to just add spacers to the existing RC lift, or will additional parts need to be replaced? Thanks y’all.
If it’s a coil lift then yes you can add a spacer on top. Be aware that the extra inch will put you into recommended potential upgrade territory. At that height I recommend a track bar to center the axle and also something for caster correction if it hasn’t been addressed yet.

Brett

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That would be 3.5"s and might need a driveshaft as well.

There is a theoretical 3.0" limit for some components as i understand it.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
I have the Mopar 2" and at times I wanted it higher as well to prevent belly rub on some big rock trails. I decided to place air bags in the back and I air up when needed.. I chose the HD1000 https://www.etrailer.com/Vehicle-Suspension/Ram/1500/2019/AL60828HD.html

Super happy with it... I run it at 7psi on the road (prevents blinding folks with the LED) and ~ 40 on trail.. ~ 1.5 " fully loaded with trailer and 5 people..

hope that helps..
Sponsored