Another newb......

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yes, I was worried about that and all of the Mopar related add-ons I chose. I didn't get the advanced safety group with the brake assist, adaptive CC, things like that, but I did add the basic safety group. We'll see....
The advanced safety is one thing that I got that if done again I would not add. The braking and acceleration of the adaptive CC is terrible and with it a windshield company charges an extra $800 for "recalibrating the adaptive CC camera" if the windshield is ever replaced. The blind spot monitors with the basic safety group however are worth every penny. Nice looking Jeep! Have fun!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
BucketList

BucketList

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
The advanced safety is one thing that I got that if done again I would not add. The braking and acceleration of the adaptive CC is terrible and with it a windshield company charges an extra $800 for "recalibrating the adaptive CC camera" if the windshield is ever replaced. The blind spot monitors with the basic safety group however are worth every penny. Nice looking Jeep! Have fun!!
Appreciate your insight on that. I did almost check that box for it, but decided against it. I've had the adaptive cruise control on Toyota's, Ram, and VW's. It can be nice on long road trips and light traffic. But otherwise it drives me crazy (pun intended). And your spot on with the blind spot monitoring. This is one of those safety features I've grown to like and basically rely on, so I'm glad we'll have that feature.

OP
OP
BucketList

BucketList

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Took delivery exactly 2 months from the day I placed the order. Couldn't be happier with the whole ordering/buying process and so far with this Jeep. The wife drove it home today as it's her primary vehicle, planning to go for a spin myself here shortly. Can't wait for top down/doors off weather!

Jeep Wrangler JL Another newb...... IMG_2543

Jeep Wrangler JL Another newb...... IMG_2544

Jeep Wrangler JL Another newb...... IMG_2545

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Best color if I do say so myself. Congrats!!!

Sponsored

Grayhound

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlurd
Took delivery exactly 2 months from the day I placed the order. Couldn't be happier with the whole ordering/buying process and so far with this Jeep. The wife drove it home today as it's her primary vehicle, planning to go for a spin myself here shortly. Can't wait for top down/doors off weather!

Sharp looking jeep!

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
I see you got the all weather mats. If you want to use the front drain plugs, you'll have to do it yourself. The carpet is precut, but since they just set the mats in the vehicle you might notice a bump right there since they don't hook them up. Your choice if you want that feature or not. I found they don't snap in very tightly and had to do some modification to get them more secure, but if you ever find yourself wanting to spray or wash the mats without removing them, it is nice to have.

OP
OP
BucketList

BucketList

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
I see you got the all weather mats. If you want to use the front drain plugs, you'll have to do it yourself. The carpet is precut, but since they just set the mats in the vehicle you might notice a bump right there since they don't hook them up. Your choice if you want that feature or not. I found they don't snap in very tightly and had to do some modification to get them more secure, but if you ever find yourself wanting to spray or wash the mats without removing them, it is nice to have.
Good info. I did notice the all weather mats have the cutout there for those drain holes. I'll have to check it out, that would be a nice feature to use for the occasional clean out.

OP
OP
BucketList

BucketList

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Now I'm not saying I regret going with the V6 at all, but I gotta say, the 4xe with the turbo is pretty peppy. It could also have to do with the fact I only have 100 miles on our new Rubicon, all of which has been from driving back and forth to the dealership, who is replacing my drivers side rear window that they scratched up while applying the aviation grade cilajet protection (oh the irony!). I also found a paint defect on the tailgate that they are touching up for me.

So this is my loaner until that work is complete:

IMG_2550.jpeg
Sponsored