A Jeep Clone?! Really?!

Longhair1957

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Occupation
Retired
A few things about the Mahindra Roxor. They made a lot of our willys that were used in the European theaters. They’ve been producing it since the 50’s in India. It has A very torquey turbo diesel engine in it.
Also, you can upgrade the chip and it will run 70 with 35’s. They will flat drag any of the the other sxs in a tug of war.
They are all steel, not aluminum or plastic. They use Dana diffs. So gear change and upgrades are available.
Just a little info for ya’ll!
Sponsored

Last edited:

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
This is an old thread but I had to reply. I owned a 2020 Roxor and it was one awesome machine. Someone on this forum actually ran into me in the mountains outside SD and posted the pic here. I grew up driving my grandpa’s old CJ7 and the Roxor was so much closer to that than my current JL. It was a Jeep purely down to its DNA. A far cry from what we all drive today. The fact that FCA was intimidated proves they knew it but they were successful in beating it down. Harsh criticism above is hilarious in the same way as criticizing the Bronco. Competition is great and it only makes everyone better. The Roxor will always live in my memory as some of the most fun times with my family. I hope it comes back in some form and I hope Jeep learns a few things from a simpler time.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
The Roxor will always live in my memory as some of the most fun times with my family. I hope it comes back in some form and I hope Jeep learns a few things from a simpler time.
It is, although they had to change the look to address Jeep's specific complaints.

Mahindra initially altered the design preemptively, incorporating some FJ-ish styling.

The 2021 hasn't been released yet, but renders of the rumored changes are out there.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2021-mahindra-roxor-looks-like-a-happy-alien-1845097871/amp

Jeep Wrangler JL A Jeep Clone?!  Really?! mnbvmwex1hucqd466lxa
Sponsored