A Few Random Jeep Questions -

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
With just over 2k now on her Im still learning and have been pondering a few things so here goes ...

1. What's the key lock symbol on the cigarette lighter / outlet cover mean?
2. Is 4L on the 4WD stick suppose to be almost impossible to engage also how fast can should you realistically go in 4H and 4L when engaged?
3. Do all the cube / flood lights interfere with the radio signal ?
4. When I upgrade to aux switches / half cubby - where is the hook up located and on Sahara do you need to flash
5. How do you guys clean your rubber mopar mats ? Take out and soap and water ?
6. Is the front sun shade for freedom top area really worth it or just another mock soft roof - I like the open air feel however the sun really bakes you on local roads ive noticed
7. For tires to look pulled out from side walls is it the tire or wheel spacers that do it ? For example im thinking one day to go 35s and 20s Nitto or BF K02s would that look wide ?
8. Anyway to get video to play on main oem screen on dash - ive looked and not into jailbreaking - is there really no way to do this?

That's all I got for now - thanks in advance!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

With just over 2k now on her Im still learning and have been pondering a few things so here goes ...

1. What's the lock on the cigarette lighter / outlet cover mean? Not sure
2. Is 4L on the 4WD stick suppose to be almost impossible to engage also how fast can should you realistically go in 4H and 4L when engaged?This is in the manual but i believe up to 50 mph in 4h and 1-3 mph into 4L helps with engaging the transfer case
3. Do all the cube / flood lights interfere with the radio signal ? not that i have noticed. the only thing i have had issue with is sat radio and my handle held radio does have minor effect on it
4. When I upgrade to aux switches / half cubby - where is the hook up located and on Sahara do you need to flash? i believe so but dont hold me to it
5. How do you guys clean your rubber mopar mats ? Take out and soap and water ? simple green and water with a brush
6. Is the front sun shade for freedom top area really worth it or just another mock soft roof - I like the open air feel however the sun really bakes you on local roads ive noticed. Worth every penny. i have the Alien shade in sand color. absolutely love it!
7. For tires to look pulled out from side walls is it the tire or wheel spacers that do it ? For example im thinking one day to go 35s and 20s Nitto or BF K02s would that look wide ? Many options Here. you can go 35 x12.5 with a neg offset that will push the tires out further towards the street. i dont recommend 20's if your planning on offroading _ personal opinion because you cannot air down as much without damaging the rim.
8. Anyway to get video to play on main oem screen on dash - ive looked and not into jailbreaking - is there really no way to do this? not sure

OP
OP
MrSahara19

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the response :like: ... I like the bigger look of 20s I know many will disagree, in my defense I may only go off-roading 1-2x a year right now beginner style, however since I wont be doing 37s figured that would make up for the bigger look on 35s …

Any others want to take on #1, #4, and #8?

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL

2. Is 4L on the 4WD stick suppose to be almost impossible to engage also how fast can should you realistically go in 4H and 4L when engaged?
4. When I upgrade to aux switches / half cubby - where is the hook up located and on Sahara do you need to flash
6. Is the front sun shade for freedom top area really worth it or just another mock soft roof - I like the open air feel however the sun really bakes you on local roads ive noticed
7. For tires to look pulled out from side walls is it the tire or wheel spacers that do it ? For example im thinking one day to go 35s and 20s Nitto or BF K02s would that look wide ?
8. Anyway to get video to play on main oem screen on dash - ive looked and not into jailbreaking - is there really no way to do this?

#1 is it will only have power when the ignition is on. The one in your cargo has a battery symbol meaning it is hot all the time:like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
MrSahara19

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BTW, the 20's thing was a joke. It's your Jeep, do whatever you want. :like: Not that you needed anyone's permission.
Kinda figured , all good ....

#1 is it will only have power when the ignition is on. The one in your cargo has a battery symbol meaning it is hot all the time:like:
That’s smart , thanks!

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
The answer to question #4 is in the this thread.
Read my post, at the bottom. Post #10, I believe.
I have a Sahara and had the aux switches added later. I made a way too detailed explanation of it, lol.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...aux-switch-panel-on-sahara.33947/#post-788028

Oh and in regards to wheels and tires, I have 35s on 20s. Not the best for off roading, I know. But I don't plan on doing anything hardcore. More gravel and dirt roads and snow. I like the look of them. Also, the wheels and tires I chose are what make them extend out further than the fenders. I don't have spacers on them. I don't have a great picture of how the wheels stick out. It's too late for me to take a new picture, but this will give you an idea, maybe?

20190805_174459.jpg
Snapchat-1046196767.jpg

Maybe this one, with the rock lights will help.

Ps. I hope what I'm saying makes sense. I'm in bed, half asleep. Love you you guys, goodnight :dance::ninja::bow:

This is now my third edit, lol. I can't remember all the questions at once. But I think I know part of the answer to number 2. You want to be slightly rolling, like 3-5mph when you engage the 4wd stick. I heard lots of people saying it was really difficult unless you're rolling. And my sales guy at the car place dealership is what it's called told me to do that also. Slipped into and out of 4L super easily that way. I'd recommend trying that.

Goodnight for real now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrSahara19

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The answer to question #4 is in the this thread.
Read my post, at the bottom. Post #10, I believe.
I have a Sahara and had the aux switches added later. I made a way too detailed explanation of it, lol.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...aux-switch-panel-on-sahara.33947/#post-788028

Oh and in regards to wheels and tires, I have 35s on 20s. Not the best for off roading, I know. But I don't plan on doing anything hardcore. More gravel and dirt roads and snow. I like the look of them. Also, the wheels and tires I chose are what make them extend out further than the fenders. I don't have spacers on them. I don't have a great picture of how the wheels stick out. It's too late for me to take a new picture, but this will give you an idea, maybe?

20190805_174459.jpg
Snapchat-1046196767.jpg

Maybe this one, with the rock lights will help.

Ps. I hope what I'm saying makes sense. I'm in bed, half asleep. Love you you guys, goodnight :dance::ninja::bow:

This is now my third edit, lol. I can't remember all the questions at once. But I think I know part of the answer to number 2. You want to be slightly rolling, like 3-5mph when you engage the 4wd stick. I heard lots of people saying it was really difficult unless you're rolling. And my sales guy at the car place dealership is what it's called told me to do that also. Slipped into and out of 4L super easily that way. I'd recommend trying that.

Goodnight for real now.
Your Sahara look great, how do you like your 1941 decal running along side? Where did you get it from ? And wheels really compliment your jeep! That's why I go to 20s I feel like smaller wouldn't have worked for you in that case ..anyway thanks for the response

Last edited:

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L

#1 Key symbol means it has power when the engine is running...

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Your Sahara look great, how do you like your 1941 decal running along side? Where did you get it from ? And wheels really compliment your jeep! That's why I go to 20s I feel like smaller wouldn't have worked for you in that case ..anyway thanks for the response
Thanks. I love the decal. I think it really breaks up the paint in a clean and subtle way. It was an option that I added when I did my factory order. I didn't know exactly how it would look, but I gambled and it turned out well.

Quadratec and extreme terrain both sell the decal. It's a Mopar decal, so it's not cheap. And I wouldn't trust myself to put it on straight. But here's a link.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/1941-swoosh-side-decal-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door

As for the wheels, the parts that are orange are removable and the custom shop I worked with ordered the punk'n paint and professionally painted them, so they're a perfect match. I wasn't sure about getting 20s at first, but I'm really happy with how it looks and it drives great with them, so I have no regrets.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I am with others on the Alien sunshade, they're amazing and not expensive.

To switch to 4LO make sure you are in neutral, you have to according to manual. Also, if the jeep is slowly moving (1-3mph) it is a breeze to go into 4LO.

What I do, I get into drive, get it moving, switch to neutral, and engage 4LO.
Sponsored