Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Thanks all for the helpful comments and tips. Ultimately, I've decided on this build:

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4DR) Sahara Altitude
2.0L I4 w/ 8-speed auto
2.72:1 SELEC-TRAC Full Time AWD system
8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group
Advanced Safety Group
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Cold Weather Group
Gorilla Glass*
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
Safety Group
Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group
Hydro Blue Clear Coat

I went out this past weekend to take the 2.0L for a test drive and was really impressed. It's incredibly peppy, and had no issues getting up to 85 quickly on the freeway, passing people, etc. Not sluggish in the slightest. I was really impressed with the transmission, in particular. I love my truck, but it's old, and it seems to downshift before it upshifts (apparently a common thing on older GM pickups). The 2.0L I4's shifting was nearly instantaneous while getting up to speed.

With this configuration, the Altitude is only $300 more than the regular Sahara, but I get all the black badging that I was going to do anyways, black wheels, and the headliner is included (which is normally $550).

Gupton quoted me 8% below invoice (With Tread Lightly and dealer finance) but I've got inquiries into two local dealers. Whoever gives me the best deal by the end of the day today gets the order.

*There's a thread tracking the Gorilla Glass option - everyone who's ordered it thus far has been stuck in D status for a while, though orders without it have been cranking through. If there's no update to that thread by the end of the day today, then I'll order without it.

Looking forward to starting my Build thread soon!
Sponsored