67 Designs problem

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Installed the 67 Designs driver side phone mount with adhesive and screw. Seemed pretty solid at first, but now there is a lot of movement from the base mount ball. The base is on solid but the ball mount moves around independent from the rest. Is there a bolt on the bottom of the base that would allow me to tighten the ball? Don't want to take out the screws and rip up the adhesive until I've heard back from 67 Designs customer service, which I emailed early this morning.
Sponsored

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Feels like there are 2 screws securing the ball but you'll have to completely remove the adhesive tape or cut holes in it to get to them. For the record, I never peeled the adhesive and mine is pretty dang solid.

OP
OP
Texan42

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Feels like there are 2 screws securing the ball but you'll have to completely remove the adhesive tape or cut holes in it to get to them. For the record, I never peeled the adhesive and mine is pretty dang solid.
yeah, the mount base is secure, but the ball moves around. Hate to have to peel that thing off and have to try and clean all the adhesive from the dash......plus there won't be any adhesive left.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
yeah, the mount base is secure, but the ball moves around. Hate to have to peel that thing off and have to try and clean all the adhesive from the dash......plus there won't be any adhesive left.
It's just 3M tape. You can get it at any hardware store. Like I said, I'm not using the tape at all and mine is fine.

Sponsored

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Installed the 67 Designs driver side phone mount with adhesive and screw. Seemed pretty solid at first, but now there is a lot of movement from the base mount ball. The base is on solid but the ball mount moves around independent from the rest. Is there a bolt on the bottom of the base that would allow me to tighten the ball? Don't want to take out the screws and rip up the adhesive until I've heard back from 67 Designs customer service, which I emailed early this morning.
Did you hear back from 67 Designs? I received a mount with the same issue today and emailed them a few minutes ago.

OP
OP
Texan42

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Did you hear back from 67 Designs? I received a mount with the same issue today and emailed them a few minutes ago.
Yeah, I had a choice for a whole new mount or just new 3M backing. I peeled it off, tightened the bolts, because 2 were loose, and reapplied the 3M. Pit it back on and used all 3 screws to mount the base. Now its solid. They shipped the backing pretty fast.

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Yeah, I had a choice for a whole new mount or just new 3M backing. I peeled it off, tightened the bolts, because 2 were loose, and reapplied the 3M. Pit it back on and used all 3 screws to mount the base. Now its solid. They shipped the backing pretty fast.
Cool thanks! Sounds like they got some bad ones in stock then if both of ours are the same. I’ll wait to hear back from them on a replacement backing option.

OP
OP
Texan42

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Cool thanks! Sounds like they got some bad ones in stock then if both of ours are the same. I’ll wait to hear back from them on a replacement backing option.
Yeah, I figured I'd rather just get a new backing and tighten the bolts than take the chance on a new mount and it have the same problem. It was an easy fix, though a little annoying for such an expensive phone mount.
Sponsored