Sales at Quake LED

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
We, here at Quake LED, offer many different 50" light bars. Here is a link to all of our 50" light bars. We offer many different design features, depending on the series of the lightbar. We have dual or single row, arced, color changing, etc. Please check our website out and contact us for any questions you may have.

https://www.quakeled.com/products/category/led-light-bars/bar_length/%5B50%20TO%2050%5D?

Jason

those are some spendy overpriced light bars, and adding more insult to injury the worst (1 year non transferable) warranty in the industry, it is like Quake does not have much confidence in the reliability. I wish LED re-sellers would stop using depreciation as life expectancy as that only determines depreciation if the fixture were to even last that long and does not take into consideration the typical shorter driver life.

I own a LED lighting company (that does not compete is this space) we design high end (Professional, NCAA and Municipal) made in the US LED Sports lighting and frankly the cost per watt on your low performance light bars is extreme.

While this may be a controversial post regarding a forum sponsor, I feel compelled to advise the consumers on this forum.

jasonatQuake

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Occupation
Sales at Quake LED
Jason

those are some spendy overpriced light bars, and adding more insult to injury the worst (1 year non transferable) warranty in the industry, it is like Quake does not have much confidence in the reliability. I wish LED re-sellers would stop using depreciation as life expectancy as that only determines depreciation if the fixture were to even last that long and does not take into consideration the typical shorter driver life.

I own a LED lighting company (that does not compete is this space) we design high end (Professional, NCAA and Municipal) made in the US LED Sports lighting and frankly the cost per watt on your low performance light bars is extreme.

While this may be a controversial post regarding a forum sponsor, I feel compelled to advise the consumers on this forum.
We do not NEED to offer a lifetime warranty, no need to. We manufacture all of our own products, so we control every aspect of our quality. Our lights are very nice and we take pride in our quality. Our products are all tested, retested and perfected. Thank You.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question that might be even MORE controversial than @lightsout s post above. Why does one need a 50" light bar? I see them on all sorts of vehicles from trucks to jeeps to whatever. You can't use them on the road and when you're off-road at night do you really need 5 million lumens when you're on a trail at 5-10 mph?

Not trying to be confrontational here... I just don't understand.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
We do not NEED to offer a lifetime warranty, no need to. We manufacture all of our own products, so we control every aspect of our quality. Our lights are very nice and we take pride in our quality. Our products are all tested, retested and perfected. Thank You.

Warranties existed because NOTHING is perfected or full-proof, I am not suggesting lifetime but for your excessive pricing 3-5 would be reasonable. At your prices you have room for warranty hold back and then some. Like I said your prices are extreme for the lumens per watt. And if your L-70 are only 50K hours that is low end in terms of depreciation life.

Look it is up to the consumer however my recommendation if someone has to have a high priced LED bar they should look at the competition that has a good warranty. Shit happens then we pay (or not). If you are confident on the life of your LED products that increase the warranty, based on your reasoning that extra warranty should not cost you anything if your LED's are full-proof.

I am not picking on Quake I am just pointing out obvious concerns. Warranty's speak volumes

Sponsored

jasonatQuake

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Occupation
Sales at Quake LED
I have a question that might be even MORE controversial than @lightsout s post above. Why does one need a 50" light bar? I see them on all sorts of vehicles from trucks to jeeps to whatever. You can't use them on the road and when you're off-road at night do you really need 5 million lumens when you're on a trail at 5-10 mph?

That is a very good question, that we get quite often. Something that I think is neat about our LED lighting is that there are three factors to running more lighting.
1. Fun- It's cool... LOL
2. Function- it is light, you can utilize it for anything.
3. Safety-there are so many distracted drivers on our roads.

As for the direct question of why to run a 50" lightbar, it's pretty simple. If you need more light, get one. I know that sounds trivial, but it is true. A lot of people need more light in front of or around their vehicle. A light bar does just that, provides light. Yes, on the public roads there is little need to. run 50k lumens on a daily basis, but when you need those lumens and do not have them, you'd wish you did. Really it comes down to personal preference. Out in the woods, in the rocks, in the sand, you need proper lighting.

jasonatQuake

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Occupation
Sales at Quake LED
Warranties existed because NOTHING is perfected or full-proof, I am not suggesting lifetime but for your excessive pricing 3-5 would be reasonable. At your prices you have room for warranty hold back and then some. Like I said your prices are extreme for the lumens per watt. And if your L-70 are only 50K hours that is low end in terms of depreciation life.

Look it is up to the consumer however my recommendation if someone has to have a high priced LED bar they should look at the competition that has a good warranty. Shit happens then we pay (or not). If you are confident on the life of your LED products that increase the warranty, based on your reasoning that extra warranty should not cost you anything if your LED's are full-proof.

I am not picking on Quake I am just pointing out obvious concerns. Warranty's speak volumes
Again, Thank you for your input.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Led lighting generally speaking, is cosmetic and most people will rarely use them. 50 inch delivers a lot of light, to each thier own, for commercial use or off road at night they are useful however the glare from 50" is terrible.

Again it is more cosmetic than anything for 90% of us

jasonatQuake

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Occupation
Sales at Quake LED
To me, most of the colored options are for cosmetic reasons; while the white does get used. I would say mostly it depends on the color being used and the person using it. People in sandy, rainy, foggy or snowy areas will 100% use amber lighting quite often, perfectly legal and provides an unbelievable level of safety. As for other colors, such as blue, it is now being used for towing companies. The white lights are used quite often in the woods and offroad. I used my white lightbar in the trails of our rocky mountains. I need to see around and in front of me. We should just agree that electric light is an amazing invention and thank goodness we can have it and use it on our vehicles. It makes the world much safer.

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unilimited Sport S

Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm so torn now. I've been contemplating dropping the big bucks for a KC Hilites Gravity Pro 6 bar because I love the old-school, round look. But now that I've seen the Rigid Radiance bar at half the price with a "close enough" look, I might have to think again.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm so torn now. I've been contemplating dropping the big bucks for a KC Hilites Gravity Pro 6 bar because I love the old-school, round look. But now that I've seen the Rigid Radiance bar at half the price with a "close enough" look, I might have to think again.
Those big name LED's 1/2 the cost is purely for the name

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
We work with and install feniex light bars. They are next level and command a substantial cost but they have some cutting edge features and terrific light output.

An example of their features is that they come with a gps antenna

Brett

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
We work with and install feniex light bars. They are next level and command a substantial cost but they have some cutting edge features and terrific light output.

An example of their features is that they come with a gps antenna

Brett

Not even a fair comparison, their specialty is lights and sirens for first response and emergency service vehicles which is very specialized and the lack of domestic competition drives that cost up since many Gov agencies are mandated to buy American.

Let's be real it is not the technology that is cutting edge or driving the high cost whereas much of the cost is the housings and tooling along with the certification processes, the LED components and controllers themselves are pretty common.

Their products are not considered consumer grade.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Not even a fair comparison, their specialty is lights and sirens for first response and emergency service vehicles which is very specialized and the lack of domestic competition drives that cost up since many Gov agencies are mandated to buy American.

Let's be real it is not the technology that is cutting edge or driving the high cost whereas much of the cost is the housings and tooling along with the certification processes, the LED components and controllers themselves are pretty common.

Their products are not considered consumer grade.
I never implied they were consumer grade. They are a top tier lighting company. The prices are comparable to the high end rigid also. The beam can be adjusted with its built in AI and the gps info.

What other light bars have that level of technology? I’d say they are pretty cutting edge

Brett
Sponsored