First Name
Ang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SAHARA UNLIMITED 4D
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Hi. I installed a 50 inch light bar on my power top with a wind protector, its vibrates at 60 on the inside. Does anyone else have this issue? Any recommendations? I even purchased a Aerolidz cover and it still loud around 60.

20190626_144207.jpg
Sponsored

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Light bars just make noise. No. Real way to get around that.

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I must have hit the magic height and install angle with my set up. It doesnt make any noise at any speed. The mount is from Road Armor and the 50" is a Rigid Industries Radiance. I had almost the exact same set up on my JKU and I had to add door trim molding to the back of the light bar heat sinks to disrupt the air flow and silence the noise. I havent added a thing to my JLU set up and was amazed that it hasnt made one single hum.

0602190902_HDR~2.jpg

0602190900b_HDR~2.jpg

OP
OP

ang2fresh

First Name
Ang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computer Engineer
I must have hit the magic height and install angle with my set up. It doesnt make any noise at any speed. The mount is from Road Armor and the 50" is a Rigid Industries Radiance. I had almost the exact same set up on my JKU and I had to add door trim molding to the back of the light bar heat sinks to disrupt the air flow and silence the noise. I havent added a thing to my JLU set up and was amazed that it hasnt made one single hum.

0602190902_HDR~2.jpg

0602190900b_HDR~2.jpg
I actually played around with adjusting it yesterday and today I got up to 75 without any noise. Thanks for the advise.

OP
OP

ang2fresh

First Name
Ang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computer Engineer

0602190902_HDR~2.jpg

0602190900b_HDR~2.jpg
I'm going to have to try the door trim molding. My adjustment only worked for a short time, now I hear a rattling sound at around 70. It isn't extremely loud, but I wouldn't be able to deal with it for a long period of time.

Sponsored

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to have to try the door trim molding. My adjustment only worked for a short time, now I hear a rattling sound at around 70. It isn't extremely loud, but I wouldn't be able to deal with it for a long period of time.
Dude, that sucks. Sorry. However the door molding trick is very easy and effective.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
There will always be wind noise and turbulence with a light bar.

The noise you can get ride of is the whistling or howling. If you angle the light down slightly it helps, also the aforementioned tip above.

fyr145

First Name
Lon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Public Safety - (ret.)
Vehicle Showcase
Dude, that sucks. Sorry. However the door molding trick is very easy and effective.
I agree, I use the door trim molding on my bar and it hardly makes a sound. Molding is cheap and can be purchased at most auto stores! Mine is really quiet.

JLnewbDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Unlimited
Biggest pain out there. We don’t get the whistle or anything like others have experienced, but it rattles the Sky Touch beyond belief. I was thinking of chopping the DV8 brackets an inch and welding them back together just to get the lightbar lower to see if it helps. Then you add in the rattle of the bracket hitting the driver side A pillar. I’ve tried everything to stop that. Beyond doubtful that a diffuser or anything will help it either. It’s the one thing the wife wants on her Jeep and the most annoying thing to me when driving it. She just blares the radio lol

It’s to the point that I want to scrap it all together and sell the brackets and lightbar.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
On my last TJ I siliconed the fins on the edges and in the middle to stop the fins from vibrating. Worked like a charm. I used black silicone. 3 sections. Maybe 6" each section.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL LIGHTBAR ISSUE 20170424_173618

hybrid_eg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 S13, 22 MS Plaid, '23 JLUR 4xe
I agree, I use the door trim molding on my bar and it hardly makes a sound. Molding is cheap and can be purchased at most auto stores! Mine is really quiet.

sorry to bring this one from dead but i too need help. I just installed KC overhead mount with RC 50" single row light bar. It looks great and lighting output is on another level. But the noise is absolutely unbearable.. i expected noise but this is nuts.

I wanted to ask if anyone can give advice as to which auto moulding to buy and exactly where to mount it? The RC bar is tapered in the rear similar to aero look on roof bars. I will also try aiming it down some as currently its perfectly horizontal. Here are some pics of what it looks likes.

Greatly appreciate everyone's help!

Jeep Wrangler JL JL LIGHTBAR ISSUE IMG_6793

Jeep Wrangler JL JL LIGHTBAR ISSUE IMG_6790

Jeep Wrangler JL JL LIGHTBAR ISSUE IMG_6795

Jeep Wrangler JL JL LIGHTBAR ISSUE IMG_6792

Jeep Wrangler JL JL LIGHTBAR ISSUE IMG_6791
Sponsored

Last edited: