Sponsored

4xe speedometer calibration

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I know that but just didn't think about it. Thanks for reminding me. Falken WildPeak AT came out at 36 inches.
Sponsored

electra4xe

First Name
Georgie Boy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2012 JKUR
we may need to make this more clear in the user manual, but the 4XE has a very specific set of steps to making it change tire size without all the warning lights:

must be on firmware 11.2.7

marry, set new size.

scroll to full reboot and select it. Need to be on level ground with your FOOT OFF THE BRAKE so the ABS system can do the necessary recalibrations.
Once that’s complete, you’ll have a check engine light and still some warnings.

do a “Clear CEL’s”. When it says “CEL’s cleared” turn the Jeep off and back on.

now do 2 sleep cycles to finish off the learning process.
)Turn jeep off. Open and close driver door. Wait till dash goes dark then wait another minute after that. That’s one sleep)

if you do all that you won’t have any check engine light or code to have to wait out. The non-4XE isn’t as finicky so the procedure is simpler.
Hey Joe thanks ordering now!

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
I didn't want to be tempted to mess with any other settings than tire size so I got the ECRI. Same steps Joe @ Tazer outlined above are critical (foot off brake, level ground, change size, clear codes, 2 sleep cycles) and no issues with my Sahara 4xe. Had my foot on the brake the first time, caused all sorts of ABS alerts and was not a happy camper. ECRI support was responsive and helpful. GPS speedo is a nice feature of the ECRI - you drive over 40 mph with ECRI plugged in to the Jeep and connected to phone through Bluetooth (don't plug phone into USB though) and it will use GPS to pick the right size. For my Rubicon K02s (285 70R17) came up with 31.84". Glad to know my speedo and odometer are now accurate and didnt have to pay dealership the $250 they wanted.
Sponsored