392 BUILD AND TRACKING SPREADSHEET

UTNewJeepOwner

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro, 2023 Red Jeep 392 XR
Yes I did get a hold of the dealer and my sales person. He pulled up the tracking on his computer and it shows it arrived by rail to the shipping yard in a state over from me. It also seems it was loaded onto a carrier truck for my dealer and shows the carriers name. I don't think it will be long, and will I update to any news if I get it.
Not all bad news then. Sounds like it's almost there. Sounds like you're looking at about 7-8 months by the time you drive it home?
Sponsored

UTNewJeepOwner

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C1 status (confirmed order with VIN#) since October 18th

Nothing since…..
Curious when you originally ordered it? So it's just been sitting in the "Scheduled" status since October? No word from the dealership on why it hasn't moved?

As mentioned-above, this is a real concern of ours based on how long it's taken to get to this point.

We really want the car, so will wait. But it's becoming pretty frustrating as Jeep's process and transparency are pretty awful.

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
Curious when you originally ordered it? So it's just been sitting in the "Scheduled" status since October? No word from the dealership on why it hasn't moved?

As mentioned-above, this is a real concern of ours based on how long it's taken to get to this point.

We really want the car, so will wait. But it's becoming pretty frustrating as Jeep's process and transparency are pretty awful.
No, I haven’t reached scheduled status yet, so have no idea when it will be built. I placed the order early on Oct 18, received the VIN number that day……..and that’s it.

I spoke with the dealer a couple of weeks ago, and they said it is consistent with other orders.

Sponsored

UTNewJeepOwner

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I haven’t reached scheduled status yet, so have no idea when it will be built. I placed the order early on Oct 18, received the VIN number that day……..and that’s it.

I spoke with the dealer a couple of weeks ago, and they said it is consistent with other orders.
Ah ok. Yeah, that seems about right. We ordered on July 18th, and just got to "Scheduled" last week, so about 6 months to move to that.

We're being told the middle of February for delivery now, based on what the dealer has heard from Jeep. We will see.

ek1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Private
Here is my order, which is over 6 months old at this point:
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 BUILD AND TRACKING SPREADSHEET 1673658559719

My advice to those who ordered a few months back: There are currently 234 392's for sale on cars.com. Granted, some of them may be pre-sold units, but majority are not and prices are dropping. Jeep's inventory search also shows a crapload of inventory. Most of those Jeeps listed there can be had at MSRP or below with little or no negotiation. Unless you placed your order with a dealer that offered fixed pricing thousands below the old (i.e. 2022) MSRP or you ordered with a non-refundable deposit, just WALK AWAY and buy one off a lot. Finance rates have been and will continue to go up, so , again, unless your order has a fixed price way below MSRP, you may actually save money by buying now and getting a lower finance rate than you would get closer to the summer (which is when you would get your 293 if you ordered around October)

I will be shocked if I my Jeep is delivered in March (that would be an 8-month wait). With the way things have been going, most likely it will be April+ (a 9+ month wait).

Never doing this again with a Wrangler.

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
My 392 XR new delivery date since the 2nd TBD is now Jan 27 to my dealer. Have a good feeling this time :)

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
My 392 XR new delivery date since the 2nd TBD is now Jan 27 to my dealer. Have a good feeling this time :)
Update. tracker people told me they saw no delays with the last Jan 27 date. Yesterday it showed Jan 27 for the shipping date on the site. Got on there tonight and this will be the 4 delay. Now it shows another TBD with a Feb 06 arrival. lol. This is getting comical now!

UTNewJeepOwner

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got moved to In Production on February 1st. I hear it can get made in 5-7 days, so hopefully we get out of this status by the EOW.

Sponsored

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Just got moved to In Production on February 1st. I hear it can get made in 5-7 days, so hopefully we get out of this status by the EOW.
My XR did arrive about 2 weeks ago. Just under 8 months from when the order was received. I am glad I hung in there and didn't give up. U will love yours! My TBD date changed in all near 7 times. A few times a day before it was supposed to arrive at the dealer. Drove me nuts lol

UTNewJeepOwner

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's great to hear. Sounds like it was a couple of weeks earlier than the dates they showed on the build site?

We just got updated too, and out car is now built, as of February 6th. We are just waiting for it to ship at this point. Hopefully that only takes a couple of weeks, but we will see.

Excited to get it though. And it sounds like you think it's all worth it, and you're loving your which I love to hear. This is going to make for a fun Summer.

My XR did arrive about 2 weeks ago. Just under 8 months from when the order was received. I am glad I hung in there and didn't give up. U will love yours! My TBD date changed in all near 7 times. A few times a day before it was supposed to arrive at the dealer. Drove me nuts lol

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
That's great to hear. Sounds like it was a couple of weeks earlier than the dates they showed on the build site?

We just got updated too, and out car is now built, as of February 6th. We are just waiting for it to ship at this point. Hopefully that only takes a couple of weeks, but we will see.

Excited to get it though. And it sounds like you think it's all worth it, and you're loving your which I love to hear. This is going to make for a fun Summer.
Thanks and yes it was. I got a hold of my dealer and he got in contact with the yard and pulled some magic I believe. Hope you get yours soon. You will love it.

Last edited:

MDawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe, 2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
So I put in an order for the anniversary edition last Friday, and I'm super excited. This will be my 5th Jeep in less than a year, so I know it takes a while for the builds (it makes it financially beneficial for me to wait anyway). However, reading this thread has me curious. How in the world are they taking orders for the anniversary edition which needs to be a 2023, and the time to build based on this thread would drive any of these orders into a 2024 model?