392 BUILD AND TRACKING SPREADSHEET

beckbuilt

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392, 18 JLUS
no, the dealer must have allocations. they may get them in the coming months or your order may get cancelled, flip a coin. best to find out if they have any allocated to them
Thanks Rebel. I'm trying to understand the process. I get that the dealers receive a limited number of allocations which customers can put money down on to place the order.

I ordered a 392 and was looking for info to support that my order did in fact go against an available allocation. Shortly after my order I received a von and just recently have received a vin. Hopefully everything is legit and my order will get scheduled. I've ordered 3 Wranglers in the last 3 years and this one has been, by far, the most mysterious process yet!
Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
I'm late to this game, where can I get one without huge markup? Dealer around my area is full of bs went in to place order, they just write my order down on piece of paper no signature no deposit. saying they are the honest dealer believed in good old handshake and honesty....I guess they don't have allocations and just want to lie...

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
I'm late to this game, where can I get one without huge markup? Dealer around my area is full of bs went in to place order, they just write my order down on piece of paper no signature no deposit. saying they are the honest dealer believed in good old handshake and honesty....I guess they don't have allocations and just want to lie...
Autotrader has a dedicted 392 option in the advanced search, 110 listed last I checked, youll have to do phone work to find ones available, but there are ones, and others have been finding them at msrp. about 25 a day are getting delivered to dealers. happy hunting

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
“Honest dealer” no such thing exists😂
If you go to jeep build site and choose the 392, you may be able to see all the current 392s in dealers and also call a few dealers on the list to speak about placing an order

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Autotrader has a dedicted 392 option in the advanced search, 110 listed last I checked, youll have to do phone work to find ones available, but there are ones, and others have been finding them at msrp. about 25 a day are getting delivered to dealers. happy hunting
Indeed happy hunting, Dealers are shady, they "agreed" to have me vehicle ready, than they want nonrefundable deposit, once I said no problem, than quietly brings out a 10K markup.

Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“Honest dealer” no such thing exists😂
If you go to jeep build site and choose the 392, you may be able to see all the current 392s in dealers and also call a few dealers on the list to speak about placing an order
True. 99% of them are shady AF. I get sick playing their game and have to be nice since I really still want the jeep. The more people I meet the more I like my dog.

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
I’m still a little confused. I understand the VON is just the dealer submitted the order. When paired with a valid allocation it gets a VIN. Here’s the real question. If I get a VIN, does that almost guarantee that you are getting the Jeep?

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
I’m still a little confused. I understand the VON is just the dealer submitted the order. When paired with a valid allocation it gets a VIN. Here’s the real question. If I get a VIN, does that almost guarantee that you are getting the Jeep?
same question to which I’ve been attempting to get an answer over in the 392 order thread in the tracking section of the forum.

I have a VIN and sold order with my name on the POC from an order submitted on 4/6, but my dealer (sales manager) said this week they probably wouldn’t get the Jeep. It’s in BX, but Makes no sense to me. Jeep chat says ‘gathering parts for production’ yesterday and told me check back later this week. I went by the dealership today and a salesman I don’t know said if a VIN has been assigned, the Jeep would be built.

Who knows? So far, I haven’t gotten a clean answer from Jeep or my dealer.

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If dealer had allocation, 95% sure it will get built

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
same question to which I’ve been attempting to get an answer over in the 392 order thread in the tracking section of the forum.

I have a VIN and sold order with my name on the POC from an order submitted on 4/6, but my dealer (sales manager) said this week they probably wouldn’t get the Jeep. It’s in BX, but Makes no sense to me. Jeep chat says ‘gathering parts for production’ yesterday and told me check back later this week. I went by the dealership today and a salesman I don’t know said if a VIN has been assigned, the Jeep would be built.

Who knows? So far, I haven’t gotten a clean answer from Jeep or my dealer.
95% sure it will get built if dealer had allocation, if not, it mistakenly got vin issued and the orders are in limbo pending filling allocations.

Sponsored

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
95% sure it will get built if dealer had allocation, if not, it mistakenly got vin issued and the orders are in limbo pending filling allocations.
that could explain the “pending availability of production capacity” response I received from Jeep chat today. I have not confirmed from my dealer whether he had allocation or not. I do know they had three on order. Two already arrived and the other is mine. I’m going to see if I can confirm the allocation question tomorrow. Thanks

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how can you know if dealer TRULY have allocation? most of them take non-refundable deposit. I paid them $1000 and would be sad to know they just lying and waste of time and effort to get my money back? I ordered yesterday, no VON yet..

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
how can you know if dealer TRULY have allocation? most of them take non-refundable deposit. I paid them $1000 and would be sad to know they just lying and waste of time and effort to get my money back? I ordered yesterday, no VON yet..
anyone know of a master list of dealer allocations #s?😉

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just ask, they will not lie about it, but wont say if you dont ask

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
anyone know of a master list of dealer allocations #s?😉
only Scott Blum on the facebook groups and he wont say....
Sponsored