echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
been following this thread and a little concerned at your reply here.

I have the same kit installed and the bump stop extension is exactly that, an extension and not a replacement. As in you pull the factory bump stops out of the front, insert the extension and then re-insert the factory bump stop into the new extension which in turns lengthens the bump stops up front by a couple of inches.

Out the rear, you add the blocks which gives the factory rear bump stops something to hit before bottoming the shocks out..

If you did all this, then all good.. but making sure you did as the way i was reading it, you may not have put the factory rubber bump stops back in?
Thanks for the worry. Nah. Am all good and sorted. ;)
Sponsored

rex.c

First Name
rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlu rubicon
No lift? Still, if you turn during flex, it seems no room to do it. If you really don't want to lift it, might be easier to get aftermarket high fenders.

I have some friends running 37s with no lift on export Rubicons, but they've all got high fenders to get it right.
UK JLU Rubicon same here. The fender flare around a inch lower than US spec.

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T
You can but how long before it falls off and which breaks first, the mount or the hinges.
I know there are some people that seem to have problems... but I ran 35's and 37's on two different JK's and now 37's on my JL with the stock tailgate and no hinge or gate issues whatsoever. One of the JK's went 80+ thousand miles like that with 90% street, 10% trail driving. It may happen, but it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be or I've just been very lucky. I'll bet most either slam the tailgate repeatedly or drag the spare on rocks off road popping the internal welds. Or maybe they live where there are a ton of crazy potholes.
Sponsored