35's on 4.56 Gears

blackJLURubi

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
So the wife and I are currently having a conversation about a new Jeep. We are trying to decide if we should go ahead and pick up a 2021 Willys now or wait for the 2022 Willys Recon with the lift, tires, wheels, and re gear to 4.56. It's a heck of a deal (about $3k for the package), but the sales guy wasn't a big fan. He said that he's had people call him a week after getting one complaining about it's performance on the highway. He also mentioned that they cruise on the highway at 3500 rpm. I did the lift, tires, wheels, everything on our current JKUS so the allure of getting all of that straight off the lot is tempting. The one on the lot now that she is wanting is the 2.0T. Not sure if we can get that on the Recon. What are your thoughts on which one to pursue? We don't do a ton of hard core wheeling anymore, more exploring the local national forests.
That sales guys is full of it. It will run perfect with 4.56 gears on 35s.
Sponsored

rlong69

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Industrial Automation Consultant
I just installed 5.13's on a 2021 JLUR 6spd with 37's. I absolutely love the result. The 8spd has a higher overdrive I would not upgrade any jeep with the 3.6 auto engine to anything less than 4.88-5.13 for 35's and above. Obviously factory 4.56's would be a great option.

I drove my 2018 JLUR for 44k with 4.10's on 37's and got by fine. 8th is useless in hilly country or a head wind, but I lived with it.

I have said this before, no you do not HAVE to regear for most Jeeps. However, it is an AMAZING improvement and do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

Unless you drive a LOT at 80 mph and above the folks saying x.xx would have been too much have do idea what they are talking about. Just my thoughts...
Sponsored