3.6 without etorque?

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
You’ll notice there’s a shit ton of threads of people bitching about there ess system sucking balls on their 18,19,20s and no threads of people having issues with their etorque 3.6 (jeep and ram) 🤔🤔

I’d rather mine didn’t have it for simplicities sake but I’m confident it’ll be fine and so far I like it. In a perfect world it would be a v6 and that’s it, like my jk had.

edit: also I like how people say it’s a giant battery when it roughly thesize of a shoe box
Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
It’s way too early to claim victory on longevity. It only became standard on the Rams two years ago. All under warranty. Wait 5-7 years in the rust belt. 🤣

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
It’s way too early to claim victory on longevity. It only became standard on the Rams two years ago. All under warranty. Wait 5-7 years in the rust belt. 🤣
You’re absolutely right. I’m not in the rust belt but it’s not gonna be pretty for others

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
Why do the pro e torque people need to come and hassle the thread titled non-E torque 3.6 that’s the question. ?
If they were so happy with their choice they would move on. Just like the manual transmission guys. Any automatic thread is riddled with manual transmission guys. Why is that.
You got a point, I’m being “that guy” LOL

Sponsored

HD1911

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Just traded in my 21 Tacoma PRO, for an E-Torque Rubi, and my goodness what a difference. This thing is night and day better in every way. The power delivery and curve, throttle response, and transmission logic are damn impressive.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
On the 3.6L I think I would have preferred the etorque when I'm on the street. It's just so much smoother than the more traditional ESS. And having a Prius as my daily I'm surprisingly annoyed by the vibration and noise of the v6 idling at a light. But the placement of that etorque batter with it's coolant lines and cables makes it a no go for me. It would probably be fine, but I really don't like knowing it's under there and I'm not sure I would ever get over it. I'm not sure what I'd do if I had to replace my JL today.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
I actually got in a argument with one in Virginia that says Every Jeep from 2019-2021 has Etorque
Incorrect. I would of walked straight out of that dealer. My 2021 sitting in the driveway is non-torque.

I remember when my guy came back to me with the build sheet and it said “etorque” and I knew right away he was putting in a automatic transmission build. I messaged him back saying “you do know I want the 6 speed, right?”.

There’s a reason I went with the 6 speed. Is more “future” proof.

MillsRubicon

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JL V6 “NON ETORQUE!”
On the 3.6L I think I would have preferred the etorque when I'm on the street. It's just so much smoother than the more traditional ESS. And having a Prius as my daily I'm surprisingly annoyed by the vibration and noise of the v6 idling at a light. But the placement of that etorque batter with it's coolant lines and cables makes it a no go for me. It would probably be fine, but I really don't like knowing it's under there and I'm not sure I would ever get over it. I'm not sure what I'd do if I had to replace my JL today.
I can’t quite tell if your being sarcastically funny with the everyday driver Prius quote and vibration of the V6 🤔? Our new JL I can’t even feel the thing running at a light LOL , you should feel how my 6.7 Cummins tow rig shakes and sounds at a light . It feels angry 😤 , but be glad you don’t have a Etorque , in other vehicles sure fine but not a rugged Jeep , it’s just waiting to leave you stranded in the back country or on the side of a mountain . What kinda “MPG” 😉 you get in that Prius ?

MillsRubicon

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You’ll notice there’s a shit ton of threads of people bitching about there ess system sucking balls on their 18,19,20s and no threads of people having issues with their etorque 3.6 (jeep and ram) 🤔🤔

I’d rather mine didn’t have it for simplicities sake but I’m confident it’ll be fine and so far I like it. In a perfect world it would be a v6 and that’s it, like my jk had.

edit: also I like how people say it’s a giant battery when it roughly thesize of a shoe box
ESS systems are plug and play fixed for $99 if anyone is interested and can be removed , most of the complaints I see honestly are from Etorque or Someone having issues that they don’t know it’s Etorque till later . I have to say there pretty sneaky right now with not telling the customers on car lots what Etorque with ESS vs ESS without Etorque really is . They should have “Hybrid”
or “MildHybrid” on stickers . I’ve seen so many people who have bought the 2.0 turbo to find out later that’s it’s a Hybrid including a good freind of mine . But hopefully everyone will have good results with these and Mopar will stand behind any issues in the future .

Sponsored

MillsRubicon

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 3.6 and etorque isn’t new. It has been in the RAM truck for a few years and has won a few awards over the last few years. I have had both 3.6 with and without etorque and prefer with.
Ram 98% stays on pavement , Jeep not so much

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
ESS systems are plug and play fixed for $99 if anyone is interested and can be removed , most of the complaints I see honestly are from Etorque or Someone having issues that they don’t know it’s Etorque till later . I have to say there pretty sneaky right now with not telling the customers on car lots what Etorque with ESS vs ESS without Etorque really is . They should have “Hybrid”
or “MildHybrid” on stickers . I’ve seen so many people who have bought the 2.0 turbo to find out later that’s it’s a Hybrid including a good freind of mine . But hopefully everyone will have good results with these and Mopar will stand behind any issues in the future .
Jump in, start the Jeep, press the ESS button to disable it and away you go. Just saved you $99, you are welcome. :rock:

MillsRubicon

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jump in, start the Jeep, press the ESS button to disable it and away you go. Just saved you $99, you are welcome. :rock:
LMAo yea only problem I don’t like about it is go to pull out in front of somebody and the delay happens haha I’d rather just delete the option

MillsRubicon

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would venture that 98% of Jeeps do as well.
No way man you’ll never see the Rams off roading Moab , Uwharrie Forrest beside of me or any of the other trails for that matter, maybe a power wagon or two here and there . My point is there’s 100x more Jeep’s off-roading than any Ram, Sure there’s a lot of pavement princess Jeep’s and that’s fine but there’s also a Ton of true off-roaders on here also , but I’d be anxious to see this thread and “circle back” in a few more years when warranties are running out , more time with Etorque on trails etc ... time will tell but it’s simple in my mind .
Sponsored