Sponsored

20th Anniversary Tool Kit

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Did it include the hammer? Kind of odd for a “mechanics” set. Lol
Youve clearly never been a tech. I had a 3lb sledge that got used .... occasionally.
Sponsored

RubyRecon

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Red Dog tools sells a tool kit that is specific to either a JL or JK. All sockets and wrenches you will need. About $299

KAL123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
There is a dealer version that has the same tools just a different color bag that dealerships now have access order. Here is the part number and cost.

IMG_7366.jpeg

Sponsored

MotleyOne

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler
I am on the team that developed this tool kit (and other items) for Jeep. There are 2 different part numbers for the kit. The kit I see in the pics was specifically developed for the 20th Anniversary Rubicon (part #82219119DA) and limited to those models (approximately 5000). The second part number is essentially the dealer version that's available to anyone. The only difference is the color of the tool bag. (Part #68640356AA) The tools are the same.
Regarding the quality of the tools...they are true professional quality tools with a lifetime warranty. They are made in the same factories that manufacture the Ingersoll Rand hand tool program (which we also designed and spec'd).
These kits were designed by wheelers for wheelers. They may not be cheap, but that was never the intent. This kit was designed to be high quality and offer the widest range of job coverage, beyond even JK and JL models. Similar "universal" tool kits typically start at $350 (BOXO, Assault, etc)and go up over $1000. However, none of these others is Jeep specific.
To address some of the questions and assumptions I've read above;

* First of all, they ARE available from any dealer. The warehouse has thousands in stock. To order, the parts person goes to Dealer Connect > Parts Tab > Tire Works > Accessories Tab > Mopar Affiliate > Alltrade. The dealers are still new to this portal.
* Yes, there are high quality CrMo impact sockets. There is no impact driver but there is a 1/2" drive 12" breaker bar included for those sockets. If the user wants to add an impact driver, there is some room in the bag to add additional components.
* Regarding the ball pein hammer, most trail kits include a wooden handle ball pein. The Jeep hammer is fiberglass handle for durability and comfort.
* Torx bits are included up to T50
* There is a "convenience kit" that includes mechanics wire, electrical tape, gap gauge, zip ties, etc. for emergency repairs.
* The kit also includes a trim tool for removing trim clips without breaking them.
* 3/8" drive and 1/4" ratchets are 72 tooth, 5 degree ratchets. Sockets are made of CrV steel.
* All wrenches are long patter for maximum reach and torque.

There are 25 kits that were sent to professional drivers to use and review. Those review will start showing up on social media soon. We conducted multiple focus groups with the two largest being Easter Jeep Week Moab 2022 and 2023. These focus groups were made up of professionals as well as frequent wheelers. They had the opportunity to see and use the tools. The most frequent comment from these groups was "take my money" (and that's actually in the focus group recaps).

For the record, I am not a professional driver but I do off-road frequently. I currently own a 2010 Jeep JK, a 2021 Bronco, and a 2023 Bronco Raptor. And I've owned many others in the past. I started out as a tech, then mechanical engineer. We build for many high end brands.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. [email protected]

Jeep Tools.jpg

MotleyOne

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler
Just make sure you follow the steps exactly as above comment, otherwise it will show discontinued. The Mopar system makes it far more difficult than it should be.

Dealer Connect > Parts Tab > Tire Works > Accessories Tab > Mopar Affiliate > Alltrade

We are getting orders from dealers everyday but many are struggling to find the products.

MotleyOne

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler
Red Dog tools sells a tool kit that is specific to either a JL or JK. All sockets and wrenches you will need. About $299
The issue with the Red Dog set is that it's only about 40 tools for $349 (steelman brand). If you want to step up to the higher quality Gearwrench tools, its $499. Pretty steep for 40 tools vs 80 tools in the Jeep set. Not to mention you get a full set of sockets, 5 impacts and a full set of long pattern wrenches in the Jeep branded set, with a lifetime warranty.

Sponsored

cander58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
I am on the team that developed this tool kit (and other items) for Jeep. There are 2 different part numbers for the kit. The kit I see in the pics was specifically developed for the 20th Anniversary Rubicon (part #82219119DA) and limited to those models (approximately 5000). The second part number is essentially the dealer version that's available to anyone. The only difference is the color of the tool bag. (Part #68640356AA) The tools are the same.
Regarding the quality of the tools...they are true professional quality tools with a lifetime warranty. They are made in the same factories that manufacture the Ingersoll Rand hand tool program (which we also designed and spec'd).
These kits were designed by wheelers for wheelers. They may not be cheap, but that was never the intent. This kit was designed to be high quality and offer the widest range of job coverage, beyond even JK and JL models. Similar "universal" tool kits typically start at $350 (BOXO, Assault, etc)and go up over $1000. However, none of these others is Jeep specific.
To address some of the questions and assumptions I've read above;

* First of all, they ARE available from any dealer. The warehouse has thousands in stock. To order, the parts person goes to Dealer Connect > Parts Tab > Tire Works > Accessories Tab > Mopar Affiliate > Alltrade. The dealers are still new to this portal.
* Yes, there are high quality CrMo impact sockets. There is no impact driver but there is a 1/2" drive 12" breaker bar included for those sockets. If the user wants to add an impact driver, there is some room in the bag to add additional components.
* Regarding the ball pein hammer, most trail kits include a wooden handle ball pein. The Jeep hammer is fiberglass handle for durability and comfort.
* Torx bits are included up to T50
* There is a "convenience kit" that includes mechanics wire, electrical tape, gap gauge, zip ties, etc. for emergency repairs.
* The kit also includes a trim tool for removing trim clips without breaking them.
* 3/8" drive and 1/4" ratchets are 72 tooth, 5 degree ratchets. Sockets are made of CrV steel.
* All wrenches are long patter for maximum reach and torque.

There are 25 kits that were sent to professional drivers to use and review. Those review will start showing up on social media soon. We conducted multiple focus groups with the two largest being Easter Jeep Week Moab 2022 and 2023. These focus groups were made up of professionals as well as frequent wheelers. They had the opportunity to see and use the tools. The most frequent comment from these groups was "take my money" (and that's actually in the focus group recaps).

For the record, I am not a professional driver but I do off-road frequently. I currently own a 2010 Jeep JK, a 2021 Bronco, and a 2023 Bronco Raptor. And I've owned many others in the past. I started out as a tech, then mechanical engineer. We build for many high end brands.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. [email protected]

Jeep Wrangler JL 20th Anniversary Tool Kit IMG_0231
You can't tell me you were a mechanic and consider these high quality tools. It's literally harbor freight stuff. And the set makes no sense for (off)road side repairs. A 12" breaker bar? Why so short? A fiberglass hammer? A gap gauge for doing what? Spark plugs? Is there even a spark plug socket or other tools to do plugs?
It'd be a little respectable if it was an estwing hammer, eagle grip locking pliers (now discontinued..), external hex drivers instead of cheapo Allen keys or atleast do a proper Allen key like Wera.
No way Jeep's cost is more than $20 on this set.

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Do you Think you could make a nice set of tools with case from snap on for a little more money but better tools? You could pick what you want and add to it little by little. 😎 You wouldn't have to pay for tools that seldom if ever get used. Just curious.

MotleyOne

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler
You can't tell me you were a mechanic and consider these high quality tools. It's literally harbor freight stuff. And the set makes no sense for (off)road side repairs. A 12" breaker bar? Why so short? A fiberglass hammer? A gap gauge for doing what? Spark plugs? Is there even a spark plug socket or other tools to do plugs?
It'd be a little respectable if it was an estwing hammer, eagle grip locking pliers (now discontinued..), external hex drivers instead of cheapo Allen keys or atleast do a proper Allen key like Wera.
No way Jeep's cost is more than $20 on this set.
You are hilarious my friend. You haven't even seen or used the tools. Definitely not Harbor Freight quality. Ingersoll Rand quality in fact. The hex keys are S2 long pattern hex keys. You clearly haven't bought quality tools in quite some time. And the gap guage is there for the guy that also has a dirt bike, atv, UTV, etc.

For reference, check out Red Dog tools. Less than half the tools and a higher cost (for the GearWrench tools), cheaper but far fewer tools for the Steelman set.

https://www.reddogtools.com/
(and their "made in the USA tag only applies to the tool bag)

cander58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
You are hilarious my friend. You haven't even seen or used the tools. Definitely not Harbor Freight quality. Ingersoll Rand quality in fact. The hex keys are S2 long pattern hex keys. You clearly haven't bought quality tools in quite some time. And the gap guage is there for the guy that also has a dirt bike, atv, UTV, etc.

For reference, check out Red Dog tools. Less than half the tools and a higher cost (for the GearWrench tools), cheaper but far fewer tools for the Steelman set.

https://www.reddogtools.com/
(and their "made in the USA tag only applies to the tool bag)
Ingersoll Rand doesn't make handtools. Maybe these come out the same factory they slap their name on but it's still a cheap set of tools you buy from overseas and made zero effort in picking what is in it.
Great you included the jeep gap gauge for things other than the jeep... again is there even a spark plug socket?

S2 long pattern is nothing special.

Edit: here's some S2 hex keys in metric and standard, and a torx set. On Amazon for dirt cheap. https://www.amazon.com/36-Pieces-Ul...2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfbXRm&psc=1