20th anniversary Rubicon next year?

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
What do you think? What is the probability of a 20A Rubicon being released next year? If they do launch one I am gonna swap my 22 XR Rubi for one ( in a 2 door if they release one).
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
What do you think? What is the probability of a 20A Rubicon being released next year? If they do launch one I am gonna swap my 22 XR Rubi for one ( in a 2 door if they release one).
I would be surprised if they didn't, but I have a feeling it'll just be an appearance package and a custom badge.

I remember when the 10A came out and people were scooping them up like crazy. It was the first JK that actually had unique hardware, like the bumpers and hood, and buyers thought they'd become rare and later valuable because of it. Then Jeep started using those same parts the following year for the Rubicon X trim and that ended that pretty quick.

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I would be surprised if they didn't, but I have a feeling it'll just be an appearance package and a custom badge.

I remember when the 10A came out and people were scooping them up like crazy. It was the first JK that actually had unique hardware, like the bumpers and hood, and buyers thought they'd become rare and later valuable because of it. Then Jeep started using those same parts the following year for the Rubicon X trim and that ended that pretty quick.
Yeah, but they did have the red seats that did not get carried over. Even if it is just a slight difference Iā€™m gonna be on it. Besides Jeeps in general have improved quite a bit since 2013 and they may offer up something pretty sweet.

Neos281

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Tech
They will have a 20th anniversary...its the one I've been waiting on. I assume it will become available as a 2023 model later this year šŸ¤ž. Hoping for a unique exterior/interior color (I.E. Gobi, True Blue, etc.)

Sponsored

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
They will have a 20th anniversary...its the one I've been waiting on. I assume it will become available as a 2023 model later this year šŸ¤ž. Hoping for a unique exterior/interior color (I.E. Gobi, True Blue, etc.)
Iā€™m thinking we will see one announced at the Detroit auto show if they are gonna do it. Iā€™d imagine the NY auto show in April may be a bit too soon.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The most enduring change 10A brought about were larger RUBICON hood decals with red outline...! šŸ˜«

Jeep Wrangler JL 20th anniversary Rubicon next year? 1644974048701

Neos281

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Tech
Has there been any news or images of a 20th anniversary 2-door version since Easter Jeep Safari concluded? I like the 4-door Hemi concept but would love to see the 2-door

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The most enduring change 10A brought about were larger RUBICON hood decals with red outline...! šŸ˜«

1644974048701.jpeg
Damn, I wanted one of those when they came out, but I had just bought my ā€˜13 a few months before. Now that Iā€™m older and wiser, limited editions donā€™t impress me much.

The other thing that was picked up in this generation is the unique hood. Looking back, the roll bar covers look like crap.
Sponsored