2023 Fitment Issues...

StaceyLynn13

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Grand Cherokee
@StaceyLynn13 any update on the fitment.
Yes they got back to my husband today! We were sent JK side steps by mistake. Someone else had the same problem ordered the day before my husband did. They were mislabeled as JL side steps. I shipped the steps back today and rough country said they will be shipping my new ones out to me!

StaceyLynn13

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's exactly the kind of thing I was wondering about. In shopping around online I still see a number of sites, like Rough Country, that still only allow you to shop for 2022 MY accessories and haven't been updated for '23 yet. Amazon is the same way. You can create your own vehicle (a 2023 JL) on the site, but then when you try to filter items that fit that vehicle you get no hits yet. AllMoparParts.com is an exception. They allow you to select MY '23 on their site. We've (myself included) been assuming there is no difference between '22 and '23 but if there is and it's enough to affect fitment I'd like to know as soon as I could.

As some have said, there may not be much traffic. I hope that's the case too. But thanks for the replay and congrats on the '23. I hope you're able to make the bumper work.
We just sent the steps back today we confirmed with somebody who works at rough country that we were sent JK side steps because the boxes were mislabeled as JL side steps. Someone who ordered within a day of us also had the same issue.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Sorry for that hassle, but good to know it's not because of the MY change.

StaceyLynn13

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for that hassle, but good to know it's not because of the MY change.
Rough country also said though that they haven’t gotten a 2023 model to test fitment yet. They can only guarantee jl model parts up to a 2022.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Now that my Jeep has arrived, I can say that so far the storage mods I've installed have all fit well.

Stubby antenna
Tray behind the passenger dashboard handle
Tray straddling the transmission tunnel
Tray inside the armrest

So far, so good.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Ran into my first potential hassle with the dead pedal I ordered. In videos I've seen, there is an exposed nut at the back of the driver's side floor board. You can remove that nut to bolt in the dead pedal. On my Jeep, though, in that spot I only see a cylindrical tab that holds the carpet in place and it looks to be more centered behind the brake pedal rather than to the left where a dead pedal should go.

UPDATE: I think I figured it out. I think the bolt is tucked further up the firewall than I was looking at initially. I'll have to investigate a little further.
Sponsored

Last edited: