Sponsored

2021 Rubicon Unlimited. Defect CEL

Geezpnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hey y’all. I’m new to the fam because I finally bought my dream car. (Weekend car ONLY)

Bought it last week after doing research, pricing, etc. Any who my Jeep wasn’t cheap lol. But hey you get what you pay for... but in this case I’m not liking my situation.

From 0 miles to 344 while cruising at the beach yesterday my Jeep decided to just act strange. I would give it gas and it would run but like if it’s was being force, it will shake and brake all of a sudden.I was so confused I pulled over and noticed my check engine light was on. So i turned it of, waited five minutes and check my gas cap to make sure it was closed correctly and nothing. It kept happening and i was so bummed out. I had to tow it 22 miles from the my location to the dealer becauseI called and asked if i can bring it in. Payed 150 to get it towed (yeah I know it’s alot). I wasn’t able to get the code from the check engine light, however my Uconnect app said everything was fine for my truck.

Now i got to wait until tomorrow to find out what it is.

Any know if this is common on new jeeps or might know what can be causing this? I honestly don’t know out of all the cars why mine. Smh 🤦🏻‍♂️

UPDATE: Dealer said a malfunction of the valve body.
Sponsored

Last edited:

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
Not sure what the others are going to say, but I'm going to guess that if you didn't pull the code, it could be a hundred different things. The good part is that it went to the dealer with the check engine light on, so there's no excuse for them not to fix it. It's a bummer that it happened with low miles and you had to get it towed!

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Hey y’all. I’m new to the fam because I finally bought my dream car. (Weekend car ONLY)

Bought it last week after doing research, pricing, etc. Any who my Jeep wasn’t cheap lol. But hey you get what you pay for... but in this case I’m not liking my situation.

From 0 miles to 344 while cruising at the beach yesterday my Jeep decided to just act strange. I would give it gas and it would run but like if it’s was being force, it will shake and brake all of a sudden.I was so confused I pulled over and noticed my check engine light was on. So i turned it of, waited five minutes and check my gas cap to make sure it was closed correctly and nothing. It kept happening and i was so bummed out. I had to tow it 22 miles from the my location to the dealer becauseI called and asked if i can bring it in. Payed 150 to get it towed (yeah I know it’s alot). I wasn’t able to get the code from the check engine light, however my Uconnect app said everything was fine for my truck.

Now i got to wait until tomorrow to find out what it is.

Any know if this is common on new jeeps or might know what can be causing this? I honestly don’t know out of all the cars why mine. Smh 🤦🏻‍♂️
just a heads up, as long as you are under warranty, FCA roadside will tow your jeep to the closest dealer for free. There should be a number in all the paperwork you got, but I think it’s 1-800-521-2779

OP
OP
Geezpnd

Geezpnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: So I finally got an update from the dealer and they said it was the valve body. They’re getting it replace tomorrow.
Its weird that a new car is having these kind of issues already.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Its weird that a new car is having these kind of issues already.
It's a Jeep, one of the only brands where I expect things to go wrong on a new vehicle...hence the 116 pages of issues on this forum. Count yourself lucky is this is the only problem you have.....

OP
OP
Geezpnd

Geezpnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turns out they have to keep my Jeep another week because apparently the valve body they installed was also defected as well. My car been there since the 26th of February. Sounds like they don’t what’s the problem and they’re just stalling to figure it out. And the funny thing is that service department customer service is trash. Just my luck lol.
Sponsored