First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2019 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Military
I guess I'd better take a good look at mine then...
Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
This is so bad as this issue was known back in 2018 when the JLs started rolling off the line. I can't believe it's still happening on 2021s. Seems to only happen on the plastic painted parts so there is an issue in that paint process or the plastic somehow bleeding into the paint.

Anyway, screw the repaint...I'd have them give you a new grille and fenders.

I've long concluded the Wrangler is a cash grab for Jeep. Especially given the huge price increase from the JK. It's a body on frame vehicle with solid axles, lots of plastic, old school steering, and some leather seats. How the hell does that cost $50K. And yes I bought one...haha

Billkowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th 2D 3.6 Etorque, 2023 JT Mojave
WTF? I just got a 2021 JLU in white too, but so far not seeing anything like that. Only had it little over 3 weeks and most of that time in the garage. Maybe parked outside 6 days. Not sure how the paint could yellow, is that thin paint maybe over yellow-ish plastic showing through? Not enough primer?
Just got a bright white JL, have you noticed any yellowing since this post?

Bree

First Name
Bren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
My jeep is 2 month old and rolled out of Toledo at end of October, and I traveled over an hour to get the jeep I wanted with all my requirements. It pains me to type this but it has been in dealership twice for 2 different oil leaks. Got it back yesterday and noticed that it had yellowing on white paint. Thought that maybe it was from dye to detect the second major oil leak. I found this forum and my heart sank when I saw the pictures of the other white jeeps with yellowing....it could of been a picture of mine.

jeep.jpg

OP
OP
Aquatide

Aquatide

First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler sahara
Yes this really sucks! I’m sorry you are having to deal with the same issues it is really bad form on the part of Jeep. Terrible customer service, product awareness and lack of commitment to quality product. They sell so Jeep doesn’t want to fix known issues. Someone has done the numbers and it must make more sense for them to fix a few then solve the problem to begin with. I personally am already looking to offload mine. This whole experience has been 100% unsatisfactory. Also I had engine and door lock problems as well within the first two months (locks from the very beginning).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Aquatide

Aquatide

First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler sahara
So I got my wrangler back from the dealer they only agreed to paint the front fenders and grill but not the rear fenders which had stains on them from bugs not being washed off immediately. The paint job is terrible. This is so not acceptable why isn’t Jeep taking ownership of this problem and replacing the parts no questions asked?! Now I have to keep dealing with the dealer on the same issue for who knows how long. Seriously bad customer service on the Part of corporate offices!
Jeep Wrangler JL Yellowing Paint 2021 wrangler unlimited 2C9A0198-2CF8-46B9-BD33-9E69CE640E74
Jeep Wrangler JL Yellowing Paint 2021 wrangler unlimited 117BA5BD-C77A-4173-8FB5-1FE9817F3756
Jeep Wrangler JL Yellowing Paint 2021 wrangler unlimited F8AFB2DE-3006-4402-BBE2-73A25B4FDD41

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
My dealer didn't put much effort into the first repaint of my grill. They did a much better job when they had to do it again.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Just got a bright white JL, have you noticed any yellowing since this post?
I have yellowing on the grille above the driver's side headlight. Not sure it's gotten any worse since I first saw it. Just letting it ride for now, I took it to dealer and had them document it anyway in the system. I may just get the satin black grille, or plastic-dip this one, not sure what I'm going to do.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
My jeep is 2 month old and rolled out of Toledo at end of October, and I traveled over an hour to get the jeep I wanted with all my requirements. It pains me to type this but it has been in dealership twice for 2 different oil leaks. Got it back yesterday and noticed that it had yellowing on white paint. Thought that maybe it was from dye to detect the second major oil leak. I found this forum and my heart sank when I saw the pictures of the other white jeeps with yellowing....it could of been a picture of mine.

Jeep Wrangler JL Yellowing Paint 2021 wrangler unlimited F8AFB2DE-3006-4402-BBE2-73A25B4FDD41
Your grille looks just like mine. I have black fenders so nothing there to report. But my grille is yellowing in the exact same place.

Sponsored

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have yellowing on the grille above the driver's side headlight. Not sure it's gotten any worse since I first saw it. Just letting it ride for now, I took it to dealer and had them document it anyway in the system. I may just get the satin black grille, or plastic-dip this one, not sure what I'm going to do.
I had very very minimal yellowing on mine.....but whatever the case...the satin black grill looks bad ass! A win/win

Just my $0.02

amstel78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys 3.6 eTorque
Wow, I'm surprised to see this happening on 2021 models. I've seen reports of yellowing paint on older JLs. My wife and I wanted a bright white JLUW and we drove two hours to get one. When we test drove it at the dealership, there was so much water trapped inside the Sky One-Touch power roof that you could hear it sloshing around while driving. Some of the water even came into the cabin, dripping down the driver side visor and all over the steering wheel. Suffice it to say, we didn't take that Willys but ended up settling on a black one with the exact same features. I personally don't like black because they're such a PITA to clean but after seeing these reports, perhaps it was for the best.

I hope you guys can get this issue resolved to your satisfaction. We traded in a 2018 white Jeep Grand Cherokee that had no paint issues or yellowing whatsoever. The last time I saw something like this was on old computer cases and keyboards that either sat in a smoker's office, or was exposed to sunlight and the color broke down under the UV rays.

Bree

First Name
Bren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
Your grille looks just like mine. I have black fenders so nothing there to report. But my grille is yellowing in the exact same place.
When I saw your pictures thought that could be my jeep. I called Jeep care and they have no other reports of this, I was told. I need to get it into the dealership, just been putting it off cause last time I was in there the rental guy knew me by name.

Bree

First Name
Bren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
Wow, I'm surprised to see this happening on 2021 models. I've seen reports of yellowing paint on older JLs. My wife and I wanted a bright white JLUW and we drove two hours to get one. When we test drove it at the dealership, there was so much water trapped inside the Sky One-Touch power roof that you could hear it sloshing around while driving. Some of the water even came into the cabin, dripping down the driver side visor and all over the steering wheel. Suffice it to say, we didn't take that Willys but ended up settling on a black one with the exact same features. I personally don't like black because they're such a PITA to clean but after seeing these reports, perhaps it was for the best.

I hope you guys can get this issue resolved to your satisfaction. We traded in a 2018 white Jeep Grand Cherokee that had no paint issues or yellowing whatsoever. The last time I saw something like this was on old computer cases and keyboards that either sat in a smoker's office, or was exposed to sunlight and the color broke down under the UV rays.
I have the Sky-one touch and love this option, and haven't had any problems with it.
Sponsored